Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New iPhone 6 will not sync local files (iPhone still connected to computer)

New iPhone 6 will not sync local files (iPhone still connected to computer)

Hi, so I have a very frustrating problem. My old iPhone 6 broke, when I got my new iPhone I was unable to sync my local files. However I am able to choose which device that plays the music throug the different apps. So the iOS app and Windows app are connected, but like shown in the attached picture my IPhone does not pop up under "Devices" Like it did before.

I am on the same Wifi, I have tried unnistalling both the windows app and the ios app. I have been experiencing different issues before, but always found a fix, this time I really don't know what do to..

How do I fix this?

Untitled.jpg
11 Replies

Not sure, but it could be because you are using a really old version of the app. Is that the version you are using in the picture?

As of right now in my testing syncing works in version 0.9.15 and in versions 1.0.1+

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem

I am using the very newest of everything. Newest ios version, newest ios app version and newest windows app version..

There is no reason this should be happening since this has worked perfectly fine with my last phone..

The pictures where just to illustrate the problem..

@user-removed

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:
You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your device. Just make sure that the local files are in a playlist of their own (not just the built in local files playlist) so that this will work.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This method does not work, this is what I used to do before getting my new iPhone 6..

Any other ways to do it?

I have exactly the same problem... Can't see any devices and the local files are not syncing. I have the latest version of Spotify on both Iphone and Mac.

Same problem. No files have been syncing since early March. Tried syncing from both windows/mac on different networks, nothing works.

Still no fix for this?

So this multi-billion dollar company's customer support apparently consists of a single kid named Matt, whose only ability is to copy/paste the SAME response paragraph for months in all of the hundreds of posts and inquiries about this issue. 

The funniest one so far is where someone replied and asked Matt if he could post a link to some official word from Spotify and Matt posts a link from 2013. Smiley Indifferent

also in the FAQ section of Spotify it instructs the user to "go to the Devices tab". The tab that does not exist in the current or recent versions for a while now. 

You cant update an FAQ with our premium subsciption money? 

I have gone from being a Spotify evangelist, to someone who cannot wait for Apple's announcement. (likely Monday). 

With Apple so clearly about to launch a beautiful alternative you would think Spotify might want to be a bit more responsive than Matt the robot and his copy/paste response. 

Go ahead and google it... HUNDREDS of posts, all ending in Matt's same post which doesnt help at all but is for some reason marked as SOLUTOIN with a shiny green check mark. 

Having exact same problem. Feel exact same way. Loved spotify, but very frustrated with this problem, and the total lack of meaningful response from a company that I give my money to every month. Apple Music looking a lot more attractive.

This is ridiculous, i was exepting this to be fixed after a few updates..

Still not fixed. You guys forced me to use the apple music app to store me offline song.

If I am not getting a post in this thread with a real fix within a few days I am done with this company forever..  Now one last time let me underline one thing.

I am getting connection between my ios device and my computer because I can remote control the music, this is a spesific bug connected to the fact that my phone does not show up in the spotify software on windows and then can not sync my own tracks to my iPhone.

The answer to your next reply is yes. I am running the latest version on both **bleep**ing platforms..

Suggested posts