Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New spotify look?

Solved!

New spotify look?

Hello, here's the thing: this afternoon when I opened spotify it looked this way the "control bar" in the ios app. Is it normal because of an update or something happened to my device? 

IMG_7943.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately, it's not possible to change that, as it's not a bug but a feature. 

Spotify is rolling out a new and revamped UI to its users. It started out for Free Users, where there would be a fourth tab, but now it looks like they're testing/rolling it out for Premium users too. 

Spotify generally sometimes test out new features and designs, so your app may differ in appearance from previous versions or other accounts. You can find out more information about that at this link here: 

https://support.spotify.com/cy/using_spotify/system_settings/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than...

Looks like it's time to get used to the new UI, as it looks like a bigger rollout 🙂

View solution in original post

13 Replies

I have an Iphone 6 that has 5 different slots. One for "home," "browse," "search," "radio," and one for "your library." Im not sure why yours only has 3 but theres definalty something wrong.

Then how can I solve this?? I’ve been looking for a number to call or a client service that might be able to help me, but it all leads to the community again, and no one knows what to do in order to solve this...

You can't "solve" this. This is the new UI Spotify is rolling out gradually. It will be rolled out eventually to all the users at least I think this it the plan. First only Free users got this but now it is rolling out to Premium users it seems.

Marked as solution

Unfortunately, it's not possible to change that, as it's not a bug but a feature. 

Spotify is rolling out a new and revamped UI to its users. It started out for Free Users, where there would be a fourth tab, but now it looks like they're testing/rolling it out for Premium users too. 

Spotify generally sometimes test out new features and designs, so your app may differ in appearance from previous versions or other accounts. You can find out more information about that at this link here: 

https://support.spotify.com/cy/using_spotify/system_settings/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than...

Looks like it's time to get used to the new UI, as it looks like a bigger rollout 🙂

I can tell you a way to do that but it's not the best one because it doesn't install Spotify through the App Store.

It has been a month since it was annunced and yet not everyone has recevied it.

What the heck is going on? The page of Spotify is also revamped in the App Store but the UI is still the same.

How long do we have to wait for it?

Actually I got it before everybody else, I didn't even like it that much. I
was worried it was a bug so I made this post. Trust me keep the old one if
you can, it isn't that great

MMhhh...not good news. I am a premium user and your impression is making me worry.

It's just the way it looks, nothing more, I personally don't like it but
it's my opinion

Ok, but did they remove some feature or is it just reorganized?

Just reorganised

Sorry, it is more than just the way it looks, there are features, like seeing the playlist owner and seeing playlist folders with subfolders, that have been lost forever if you upgrade.

They removed playlist folders, now i have hundreds of playlists all mixed up, thanks spotify! I hope they dont remove them on desktop as well

Suggested posts