Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! song radio is missing iPad

Hi,Anyone knows why I can’t start a song radio on my iPad? It works great on my android phone.Thanks

• Visitor
  • Hi, Anyone knows why I can’t start a song radio on my iPad? It works great on my android phone. Thanks
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

The song ‘Me or us’ of Young Thug

The song me or us of young thug skips to 1:50 everytine i listen to it multiple times. Please fix it

• Casual Listener
  • The song me or us of young thug skips to 1:50 everytine i listen to it multiple times. Please fix it
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My daily mix does not appear

Hi, i need some help please.When I upgraded my account premium, my daily mix disappeared and not show in my playlist. I use iphone X, anybody help?

• Hi, i need some help please. When I upgraded my account premium, my daily mix disappeared and not show in my playlist. I use iphone X, anybody help?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone vs. iPad

Okay, why do people with an iPad get to listen to whatever they want whenever they want, but those of us with an iPhone can only play their playlists on shuffle? That's completely unfair.

• Casual Listener
  • Okay, why do people with an iPad get to listen to whatever they want whenever they want, but those of us with an iPhone can only play their playlists on shuffle? That's completely unfair.
  • squints21
  • 13 replies
  • 5 likes
  • iPhone vs iPad controversy
  • 13 replies
  • 5 likes

Ipad air available devices no airplay devices - why?

Hi, recently took the latest update to spotify ipad app (ipad air). Now no devices appear in the available devices section. I get the devices popup with 3 links to information 1) listen on computer, 2)lilsten on TV, 3) connect to a wifi speaker. Wher...

• Hi, recently took the latest update to spotify ipad app (ipad air).  Now no devices appear in the available devices section.  I get the devices popup with 3 links to information 1) listen o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist shuffle

My playlist won’t shuffle since the most recent update. I click shuffle but it plays the playlist in order. There is also no shuffle option inside the playlist when the songs are playing.

• My playlist won’t shuffle since the most recent update. I click shuffle but it plays the playlist in order. There is also no shuffle option inside the playlist when the songs are playing. 
  • Srg_NiCkLeS
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Songs skip, pause or scrub when i lock the phone while listening to premium

Im getting some crackels, skipping tracks and the music pauses. This happens when i lock the phone while listening. I have an iphone 6 with spotify premium. Any help appreciated

• Im getting some crackels, skipping tracks and the music pauses. This happens when i lock the phone while listening. I have an iphone 6 with spotify premium. Any help appreciated
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify ios app bug, version 8.4.49, running on ios 11.3

When using with Airpods and listening to a podcast, Airpods controls (tapping the Airpods) work fine however if listening to the podcast at speeds greater than 1 such as 1.2x or 1.5x, the controls will not work.

• Visitor
  • When using with Airpods and listening to a podcast, Airpods controls (tapping the Airpods) work fine however if listening to the podcast at speeds greater than 1 such as 1.2x or 1.5x, the controls wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

iOS — Links opening in Safari not Spotify App

Hey! I've just wipe my phone and re-installed my apps. During this time, if someone sends a open.spotify link with a track, it opens it up on safari however doesn't take me to the Spotify app. Have tried a reset + re-install of the app and no luck, e...

• Hey!   I've just wipe my phone and re-installed my apps. During this time, if someone sends a open.spotify link with a track, it opens it up on safari however doesn't take me to the Spotify ap...
  • aridro
  • 1 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 14 likes

Ability to filter by BPM & added search function when adding a track to a playlist

When listening to a self-created playlist, it would be great to be able to filter songs based on a BPM range, especially to enhance use of the cross-fade function. Also, I have a lot of playlists and when adding a song to a playlist, it would also be...

• When listening to a self-created playlist, it would be great to be able to filter songs based on a BPM range, especially to enhance use of the cross-fade function. Also, I have a lot of playlists and...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

if you put a song on repeat does it count as only 1 stream or as multiple since it’s on repeat???

hi so i wanted to ask if you put a song on “repeat” does it count as only 1 stream or does it count as multiple streams since it’s on repeat???would really love to get an answer soon as possible thanks

• hi so i wanted to ask if you put a song on “repeat” does it count as only 1 stream or does it count as multiple streams since it’s on repeat??? would really love to get an answer soon as possible&nb...
  • 0rangeJuice
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad sound quality with iPhone.

My iPhone generates bad sound quality. Same settings on a Samsung and the quality is excellent. Anyone that knows what’s wrong? Have quality on max.

• Casual Listener
  • My iPhone generates bad sound quality. Same settings on a Samsung and the quality is excellent. Anyone that knows what’s wrong?  Have quality on max.
  • Toby120
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files in Playlist Not Showing Up on Iphone Although Synced

Have Mac Desktop App and IOS. I'm trying to be able to play two local songs from my playlist on my iphone, however, they do not show up in the playlist. On my iphone, the playlist says the correct number of songs (19), but the local file songs are mi...

• Have Mac Desktop App and IOS. I'm trying to be able to play two local songs from my playlist on my iphone, however, they do not show up in the playlist. On my iphone, the playlist says the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone stops playing when I switch apps or lock screen

The subject says it all. Recently updated phone to iOS 8.1, noticed this problem today. Spotify will stop playing the track as soon as I leave the app (regardless of how I leave it), and refuses to play unless I'm in the application. Looked through t...

• Casual Listener
  • The subject says it all.  Recently updated phone to iOS 8.1, noticed this problem today.  Spotify will stop playing the track as soon as I leave the app (regardless of how I leave it), and ...
  • JustTrynaHelp
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Unable to clear 'Your Saved Songs' from Recently Played

Hi, under 'Recently Played' on the Home page for the iOS app I have an icon called 'Your Saved Songs' - this has only appeared in the past week (see screenshot). There is no way to remove it as it doesn't appear in 'Your Library' under 'Recently Play...

• Hi, under 'Recently Played' on the Home page for the iOS app I have an icon called 'Your Saved Songs' - this has only appeared in the past week (see screenshot). There is no way to remove it as it do...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files in playlist not showing up

So I have about 19 custom songs in a playlist. They show up on my Android device but spotify on iOS 9.3.5 doesn't want to sync them. When I play one and tap the "Listen on this iPad" button it says "Song not downloaded"

• So I have about 19 custom songs in a playlist. They show up on my Android device but spotify on iOS 9.3.5 doesn't want to sync them. When I play one and tap the "Listen on this iPad" button it says "...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 11.3 no rewind button in lock screen or control centre

Since updating to iOS 11.3, the Spotify controls in the lock screen have changed preventing you from replaying the current song from the start or going backwards through previous songs. The rewind icon has been replaced by three bars and when clicked...

• Casual Listener
  • Since updating to iOS 11.3, the Spotify controls in the lock screen have changed preventing you from replaying the current song from the start or going backwards through previous songs. The rewind ic...
  • davezharding
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Running feature disappeared

Where has the running feature gone?!I updated the app on iphone 5c yesterday, now running 4.6.0.1466.I've tried logging out and in again, closing and opening the app. Don't want to reinstall the app unless i abolutely have to (would have to redownloa...

• Regular
  • Where has the running feature gone?! I updated the app on iphone 5c yesterday, now running 4.6.0.1466. I've tried logging out and in again, closing and opening the app. Don't want to reinstall the ...
  • jacquihughez
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes

Particular local song seems to be "downloaded" but isn't playing offline

Hi folks, got an annoying problem: I put some local songs in a playlist of mine, which are all playing perfectly in offline mode except for this ONE song, which isn't.It's only playing in online mode with the desktop application running, else it won'...

• Hi folks,  got an annoying problem: I put some local songs in a playlist of mine, which are all playing perfectly in offline mode except for this ONE song, which isn't. It's only playing in on...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes