Plan

Premium

Country

Australia 

Device

iPad Pro 12.9 2nd gen

Operating System

iOS 13.1.2

i absolutely hate this new update! The design is horrible and I can't find anything and seeing things is harder. Please go back to the old design. Or give us options to go back to the old design 

5 Replies

Hey @Janai, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you tell me what's going on exactly?

I'd love to help 🙂

I agree, I’ve just about had it with Spotify. The new version a couple of months ago was a pointless exercise in making a good app dreadful. This even newer update is even more infuriating, it’s so clunky and hard to view stuff on an iPad.

What’s going on at Spotify, do the designers even use their own app? They can’t or they would realise how rubbish it is. 

Doesn’t what I wrote tell you what’s wrong. The new Spotify look sucks. Finding things is harder and the whole interface is just ugly. Whoever designed this did a horrible job. What was the purpose of the new look? Honestly had it with Spotify 😂

Loxer,

I’m going to summarize my frustrations in a way I hope is understandable. If you’d like to conduct a more in-depth user review after reading this summary, I’m more than willing to participate and share my detailed feedback.

Spotify’s recent update for the iPad that forces the Now Playing panel to permanently reside on the left side of the screen introduced significant user experience issues. The simple overview is the panel is takes a significant portion of the screen when the iPad is used horizontally. While I could get used to it being a constant in horizontal, it’s what happens when using the iPad vertically that is the larger issue.

The permanent Now Playing panel is really frustrating when using the app vertically. Not only does it still take up a large portion of the now-smaller screen, the buttons and song progress slider are small enough they’re difficult to use. This means the app that I could previously use without committing user-errors has introduced new design elements that increased my user-error rate from 0% to more than 0%  — which is categorically recognized as a bad increase.

Like I said, please feel free to contact me if you’d like a more in-depth discussion.

Cheers,

Sam

agree. it is absolutely horrible. i can't repeat songs on my playlists or switch off recommended songs. really helpful when white noise for my 2 year old son switches to Pink singing "So what I'm still a rockstar at 1am!!". Even the recommendations are horrible - totally irrelevant to the playlist and songs I'd never listen to. Spotify was so reliable for so long. Bizarre.

Suggested posts