Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Song Titles Over Bluetooth in 2015 Honda Fit

No Song Titles Over Bluetooth in 2015 Honda Fit

I'm on an iPhone 6 Plus running the latest version of iOS. When using the default music app from Apple, song titles and whatnot display just fine. Whenever I use Spotify, though, no metadata is transferred. I just get place holder titles like "no title". If I connect my phone via USB instead of steaming over Bluetooth, the data shows just fine, even when using Spotify. Interestingly enough, if I let Apple Music play a song over Bluetooth and have its metadata stream over and THEN go back to Spotify, the song data all shows up. I've tested this on my girlfriend's 5s, as well, so I can verify that this is not an issue with my phone specifically.

I'm attaching some photos showing what I'm talking about along with my car's software info
IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0027.JPG
IMG_0028.JPG
10 Replies

Are there not logs somewhere I could use to figure something out? Maybe? I understand iOS is a bit locked down, so maybe that'd be asking too much...

My 2014 honda civic has the exact same issue. Every other app displays music info but spotify does not it jusy shows no title no name for everything. Its not the end of the world but I would really like it to change 

1508424320086537562814.jpg

Anyone ever find a fix?

Same thing is happening in my '15 VW Jetta

Nope, I just use something else now.

I have the same issue in my 2015 Civic EX with Samsung S7. The only app that displays metadata correctly is Google Play Music. It is very frustrating. 

Mine suddenly started working...

It appears the techs were listening and fixed the issue:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-App-Transmit-Track-Info-via-Bluetooth/idi-p/...

Mine still isn't working! I've had issues since updating a couple weeks ago. Any idea what's wrong?

I found that it was an issue with Spotify's most recent update on Android.
I did mess with the settings but I think what fixed it was the next update
that Spotify released.

This is not scientifically proven. I simply recommend making sure the
Spotify updates are checked for issue of this nature. Seems to be their
problem.

I recently started having this problem with my '17 Toyota Rav4 and iPhone X.

Apple Music over Bluetooth or USB shows metadata; but Spotify over Bluetooth or USB doesn't, but it did last month.

Yeah I'm completely up to date on software updates and it seems mine stopped working with the last software update (version 8.4.812 armv7)

Suggested posts