Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No metadata when streaming Bluetooth to radio

No metadata when streaming Bluetooth to radio

Hi all, I have an iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1 and the latest Spotify app.  I am streaming via Bluetooth to a Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH which is AVCRP 1.4 compliant.  I should be able to view metadata on the radio screen such as artist, album, album, genre, etc.  This works fine with the built-in Music app on the iPhone as well as other music streaming apps I have.

Spotify is the only app that I have that does not.  I do not get any information at all on the radio, it is only blank.  However, I can control the radio with no problems whatsoever.  I can use the on screen controls as well as the steering wheel controls.  I just do not get any metadata on the radio.  Since other music apps on my phone work just fine, I believe it to be a problem with the Spotify iOS app.

Anyone else experience this?  From what I've read in other posts, this was only recently taken away, that it may have worked in the past.

3 Replies

Hi, I have exactly the same problem.

I have a Pioneer AppRadio SPH-DA100 connected via usb-cable (not bluetooth streaming). I can use IPod-control to change track/play/pause, but metadata is very glitchy. Sometimes it works and I get Cover art and everything, but most of the time there is nothing, not even the length of the track.

I have contacted Pioneer support and they say it is related to the Spotify IOS app not sending metadata since it works on other apps.

I dont know what the root cause is, Spotify app or IOS 6.1 or Pioneer Ipod control???

It would be great if someone can confirm that problem is in the spotify app or not!? So I know who I'm going to blame ;). It would be awesome if i could get the cover art and metadata displayed in my car stereo!

Hey guys 🙂 

There has been a bug logged about bluetooth metadata over on this bugs topic is it possible this is the same issue?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you!

I have submitted a reply on your bug report!

Suggested posts