Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 17

My Question or Issue

My wife is not able to fast forward through podcast ads through the car's controls when connected to CarPlay. The fast forward and rewind buttons on the car work just fine other than when podcast ads are playing. She is able to fast forward through ads using her phone's controls when she's connected to CarPlay and when she is not. I am able to use the car's controls to fast forward through podcast ads when my phone is connected to CarPlay. This is only an issue with her phone. We are part of the same Family Premium account. 

Any ideas?  
1 Reply

This issue has existed since the 15-second skip button was replaced with a next button for inserted ad reads a couple of months ago. The issue also exists on the locked screen for iOS devices. The only way to skip an inserted ad on a podcast while driving is by physically opening the app on your phone and skipping. I took a couple of screenshots a week or two ago when I was at a red light.

For the devs that see this, Bill Simmons does these inserted ads at the very beginning if you are trying to reproduce.

sYkGPHi.png
PK9SKh2.png

Suggested posts