Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not playing songs in order (premium and not on shuffle)

Not playing songs in order (premium and not on shuffle)

Hye guys, long time lurker first time questioner.

I have spotify on my iPhone 6 64 gig running iOS 8.4 and spotify version 3.6.0.923.

In the last few days I've noticed that spotify doesn't always play albums that are in 'Your music' inthe correct order. I am a premium member and shuffle is turned off on the device so it would usually just play from the song I've selected until the ned of the album.

The application is not doing this currently. It may play several songs in the correct orderbut after a few songs it'll just start playing in the wrong order.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

7 Replies

Hello there!

What you are experiencing might be a bug.

Have you tried closing the app and its process and then reopening it?

Does restarting your phone help?

If nothing works, maybe a clean reinstallation will do it:

1. On the home screen, tap and hold the Spotify icon until it shakes.
  2. Tap the X symbol on the icon.
  3. Hold the Home and Power buttons down together until the Apple logo appears.
  4. Open the App Store then search for and install the Spotify app.

Keep in mind that a clean reinstall will delete all data stored by Spotify, so you'll need to sync your offline music again.

If nothing fixes the issue, then maybe the next Spotify update fixes it.

Hope this helps! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

Hi, Thank you for your assistance.

I have deleted the spotify app and re-installed (and re-syned) all of my songs.

The issue is still present, occasionally the application will start playing songs out of order even though the shuffle function is off and it says that I am a premium user.

This is quite frustrating as you flick between songs and you see the speaker jump arround the album even though the shuffle function is off.

This has been a common bug for the past few releases.  It's tough to play an album successfully from start to finish without the songs getting jumbled.  

Thanks for letting me know. Is there a bug/ release number that I can comment on to report the issue affecting me?

Not that I know of.  I've seen a bunch of people complain about it -- myself included -- but it is a very tough issue to describe in writing so I think it is tough to get them to fix it.  I also would wager that not a lot of people listen to "albums" from beginning to end such as we are doing and so that also makes it more of a niche problem.  

I'm also discovering that when playing back playlists (of approx. 100 songs) it gets itself caught and starts playing 3 or 4 songs on loops.

Hey team,

very long time no answer. I fixed this issue a while ago. It tuns out that spotify was open on my macbook in my home office. My MacBook doesn't sleep, I just turn the screen off as i use it as a server.

As far as I can tell, having the application window open on the laptop affected the playback on other devices due to them all following the playback live these days!

Who would'a thunk it!

Suggested posts