Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Issues. Disappearing tracks and tracks not playing

Offline Issues. Disappearing tracks and tracks not playing

I've been having problems for the last month and now it's becoming extremely annoying.

I download playlists for offline play because I'm unable to stream when I'm out and about but for about the last month

I will have whole playlists synced and suddenly random tracks unsync themselves. I've also noticed that tracks that are synced sometimes just refuse to play. Spotify says the track is playing but it just sits at 0:00 and doesn't play and changing track and going to that song won't make it play but if you close the app and open it the track will usually play.

I've tried to delete the app and reinstall and resync everything but that didn't work. Anyone else having this happen and know how to fix it?

6 Replies

Hey!

Have you tried "Deleting cache and saved data" in the settings?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

Hello @mc93 welcome to the spotify community!

Could you also check whether it works fine over 4G/Wifi? It could be a firewall blocking the connection to Spotify.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I think in my haste I might not have made the initial post clear, this is not a streaming issue, this is an issue with offline play.

The tracks download fine, once they are downloaded and spotify is in offline mode I have been finding tracks disappear.

From having the green symbol some randomly turn grey or don't play (e.g. play bar continues to move but no audio).

Hey @mc93 

Songs that are greyed out means that the content is no longer available in Spotify - it might come back again or it could be in another name (the song might be renamed, so you can search again and find a similar track)

More information about content that isn't available can be found here:
https://support.spotify.com/se/problems/#!/article/Content-missing

With your random playing issue, that seems like it shouldn't happen given your case (I've tried on my end and it works perfectly fine), I guess your music cache is corrupted, kindly do a clean reinstallation following the steps below:

Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.

Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I have also had this same problem. when I open the app while connected to wifi and select the "Available offline" option, all of the songs then download one by one. Once they have downloaded they all have a green arrow.

If I then turn my internet connection off and turn the app to offline mode, immediately I find that 75% of my songs lose their album art and become unplayable. The app won't event skip them when this happens, it will sit on 00:00 until I skip the song which makes it unusable in offline mode in the car.

Other problems that seem related are when I next select 'available offline' it looks like it tries downloading the songs again and just gets stuck without the download bar progressing any further. All very frustrating and overall rendering the app quite useless for a roaming phone.

I have followed the instructions posted in response to the OP and it is still doing the exact same problem. It is unfortunate because this offline service is the only reason I purchased the premium service and will have to cancel it if I can't resolve the app troubles.

I have attached an image of what the phone looks like when I hit a song that won't play in offline mode.

Screenshot_2015-05-09-18-24-48.png

This started happening to me too. I had no issues for several months and then suddenly 4 days ago my downloaded songs got deleted. i tried all the steps that ahve been listed and nothing has helped... this is extremely frustrating.

Suggested posts