Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline mode - your music missing all tracks

Offline mode - your music missing all tracks

In the past week or two, I've noticed that every time I open the spotify app fresh (wasn't running in the background) while on the subway underground, with no service, I'll see all my Offline albums listed with the green "downloaded" arrow icon, but when I tap on the album name, it tells me "you have no tracks downloaded for this album".  

When I get service back, I see the tracks again when I go back into the album.  This completely defeats the purpose of being able to download music for offline play.

6 Replies

Hey there!

No worries, we can help out with this.

First, head here and remove your offline devices. After this, make sure you reinstall the app following these steps.

Let us know if the app keeps acting up after this.

I'm doing this right now, but this is a terrible way to solve the problem.  I'll now have to reselect all the offline albums and download them again.

In addition, I'm now noticing that I'm missing tracks from albums I've saved. You're about to lose a customer

Thanks for your patience.

Let us know how the troubleshooting goes.

In regards to the album song, can you send over the Spotify URI of one of the albums, and the name of one of the tracks you're missing? We'll take a closer look. 

I was missing the song 'Tis a Pity She Was a Whore from spotify:album:2w1YJXWMIco6EBf0CovvVN

I killed the app and restarted it and the song reappeared.

Now my problem is nothing is downloading. I have "Download on Cellular" turned on with no wifi right now and nothing's downloading.

EDIT: Restarting the app caused the downloads to start.

Hi. This happens to me as well. I tried the steps you listed, and it worked -- for a few hours. Then the issue reappeared. Offline devices page only lists my iPhone now, and yet restarting the app in offline/airplane mode makes it impossible to listen to albums. Strangely enough, offline playlists are still available.

Suggested posts