Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline music not downloading

Offline music not downloading

Firstly, Apologies got asking, i did try to find rhe answer online.

on my ipad, i click 'available offline' on the desired playlist and the music does not download. I have tried several solutions.

one thread states that a similae problem due to lack of storage on their device (which i do have a lack of ob my phone, not my ipad) if this it what is causing the issue, is it possible to have an 'offline library' on some decices and not othera i.e. on my ipad only?
Again, this is something i tries to self-solve but couldn't. please help

x
7 Replies

Is the playlist you're trying to save offline a playlist of Spotify songs or a playlist of local files you added to Spotify yourself?

Also, how many files have you already downloaded to your device? Spotify has an offline track limit that you may not be aware of.

@user-removed wrote:
Is it possible to have an 'offline library' on some decices and not othera i.e. on my ipad only?

Sure is, you choose 'available offline' only on the devices you want the files download to. If you don't choose 'available offline' on your iPhone then the songs won't download locally to the iPhone.

Thank you for he response.
In answer to you question; both

And you haven't hit the 3333 track limit?

Are you trying to download the tracks over wifi or a mobile data connection? I'm asking because 'download using cellular' is off by default on mobile devices.

Ha. No my track count is 0.
I literally upgraded to premium and went to make my first offline playlist.

And yes my attempts are over wifi.

I just see the little circular download symbol in grey, and nothing happens or downloads. Its dissapointingly frustrating.

Hmmm...that has happened to me before and the reason was because my local files were held on a network device and although the songs were showing in Spotify, they couldn't actually be played because the connection was lost.

So, if you try to play one of the files in Spotify on the desktop does it actually play?

If it doesn't, there's your problem. If it does, I'm afraid I'm all out of ideas on where to go next 😞

Really embarrassing - after all that, it was due to insufficient storage 🤗
Thanks for all your help and effort though X

All I want to re apply to premium service please

Suggested posts