Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline playback cutting out whilst downloading webpage

Offline playback cutting out whilst downloading webpage

I have Spotify Premium and am playing a song in offline mode. I have a 4G data connection and am downloading a webpage in Safari - if the webpage is large enough (ie image-heavy) then the stream will cut out.

Is it not playing a locally cached version? Why not? Is this using my data allowance?
5 Replies

Hello @alagemo!

It should be playing the cached version. In settings are you in "Offline Mode"? You can check this by going to Settings---> Playback then make sure offline mode is turned on. Does it still cut out? Also have you tried a clean install

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Hi - thanks for the reply.

I've now switched it to offline mode and the problem still persists (why it still defaults to streaming when there's a locally cached version is a bizarre decision by Spotify's product team).

If I load up a web page such as Polygon (a games site) it causes playback to pause, infrequently.

@alagemo wrote:
Hi - thanks for the reply.

I've now switched it to offline mode and the problem still persists (why it still defaults to streaming when there's a locally cached version is a bizarre decision by Spotify's product team).

If I load up a web page such as Polygon (a games site) it causes playback to pause, infrequently.

Does the same thing happen over Wi-Fi as opposed to cellular data?

Hi - I've just tested it and yes, the same thing happens. Playing back in offline mode, using Wi-Fi, playing locally-cached music and loading an image-heavy webpage caused playback to pause. I have to switch back to the app and hit play again for it to restart.

FYI - iPhone 6, latest version of app/iOS

Any ideas anyone? His can I report this to Spotify as a bug? It seems like a fundamental flaw in offline playback to me.

Suggested posts