Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline playlist suddenly not saving all songs

Offline playlist suddenly not saving all songs

So about 3 hours ago I was organizing a Playlist on my desktop consisting of local files and spotify tracks. This is a playlist that I have had for years, had previously downloaded to my phone with no problem, and could play all the songs offline - both spotify and those local to my PC. Note that I was re-ordering songs, that's all, not adding new ones, deleting old ones, etc.

Suddenly, all the local files were greyed out on my mobile device, and are unable to play, even though the playlist is still marked as downloaded. The local files no longer have the little arrow next to them indicating they are downloaded, but the overall playlist does. The playlist also is marked as fully downloaded and will not initiate downloading of local songs from my PC, even though they were - as of a few hours ago - already on my phone. In addition, I get a pop-up saying that "this song is not downloaded. If you own it you can download it to this device" or something along those lines, even though trying so seems to fail.

In addition, this somehow affected all my devices, as now my iPad and laptop are unable to play mixed playlists. Essentially all my local files been locked to their respective devices.

I've tried reinstalling the app, deleting the apps and cache, uninstalling completely, refreshing my devices, installing new and older versions of the app, deleting and recreating the playlists, resetting my wifi and firewall, still nothing. I'm going crazy here and I have no idea how to get all my music synced back up! Any advice would be helpful as I've tried literally everything I could find online over the past 3 hours.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4 Replies

Hey @kstau24! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

Have you tried removing all offline devices here?But keep in mind that you'll need to download all your tracks again.

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

I have. I also tried logging out from all of my accounts, etc. Still nothing! What else is interesting is that once I tried that, my devices still had the songs marked as downloaded for offline usage. The most frustrating thing is that I have had these playlists for a while and they were working perfectly for so long.

@kstau24

Could you please let me know the following details: 

1. Exact Device (e.g. iPhone 5S)

2. Exact operating system (e.g. iOS 8.3)

3. Spotify app version installed (2.2.0)

Thanks!

Peace

I've also updated the original post with attachments to help demonstrate what I'm seeing

Suggested posts