Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Spotify in israel - lots of problems

Hi, Made a premium accout in israel....and there are many issues. On android - all daily mixes disapperd. I can see a list of playlists that are "like" daily mixes I have already played, and I can see a list of recently played ones, but the list of a...

• Hi,    Made a premium accout in israel....and there are many issues.    On android  - all daily mixes disapperd. I can see a list of playlists that are "like" daily ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium - List Downloaded Songs?

Is there a mechanism inside the app that allows you to view downloaded songs/albums? I know I can look at individual playlists, albums, artists, etc. and see them in there, but is there a consolidated place to see them?

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a mechanism inside the app that allows you to view downloaded songs/albums?  I know I can look at individual playlists, albums, artists, etc. and see them in there, but is there a conso...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play songs from Last.fm library on Iphone

Everyone talks about scrobbling to last.fm, but I could not find out, how to use my last.fm library other than on the last.fm webpage. I would want to play the songs similarely on my mobile. The last.fm app for Iphone does not appear to have a contin...

• Regular
  • Everyone talks about scrobbling to last.fm, but I could not find out, how to use my last.fm library other than on the last.fm webpage. I would want to play the songs similarely on my mobile. The last...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

downloading Spotify on IOS 7 without other mac device

I have a problem.When i try to download Spotify from appstore in my phone 4 i get a message thet IOS 9 is reqiret. So i cant download it directly. I read some topics here on the forum thet discussed this problem but only solution thet i find was with...

• I have a problem. When i try to download Spotify from appstore in my phone 4 i get a message thet IOS 9 is reqiret. So i cant download it directly. I read some topics here on the forum thet discusse...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist image not syncing across devices

I've recently changed my playlist image on my Macbook and it consistently reverts back to the previous playlist image on my iPhone X. The only solution I've found works is to go back to the Spotify app on my Macbook and delete the playlist image then...

• I've recently changed my playlist image on my Macbook and it consistently reverts back to the previous playlist image on my iPhone X. The only solution I've found works is to go back to the Spot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts on ipad

Hi i cant get podcasts to work on my ipad2. Podcasts section sont show up, the only way i van find podcasts is by searching for «podcast» when i try to play IT will just say Spotify cant open this file. when gazing up on faq, IT says that iPad/iPhone...

• Music Fan
  • Hi i cant get podcasts to work on my ipad2. Podcasts section sont show up, the only way i van find podcasts is by searching for «podcast» when i try to play IT will just say Spotify cant open th...
  • johannesgj
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists - Folowing songs start before the previous ones are ended

When listening to a playlist, how to ensure that the following songs are played only after the previous ones are completely finished? At least when listening with an iPhone, the following songs start before the previous ones are completed, mixing the...

• When listening to a playlist, how to ensure that the following songs are played only after the previous ones are completely finished? At least when listening with an iPhone, the following songs start...
  • Tsouth21
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs out of order

I already posted about this once and no one helped. Pretty **bleep** bc it’s annoying as **bleep**. I have all my playlists in order by artist and spotify groups all songs in order by artist. The issue is that within every artist the order of the son...

• Visitor
  • I already posted about this once and no one helped. Pretty **bleep** bc it’s annoying as **bleep**. I have all my playlists in order by artist and spotify groups all songs in order by artist. The iss...
  • Tsouth21
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Songs out of order
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Legal/Copyright

I am creating a social media application and I was wondering if it would be allowed to post spotify links on the application. It would not be the actual song just a link or embed the spotify play button into the app? Thank you in advance!

• I am creating a social media application and I was wondering if it would be allowed to post spotify links on the application. It would not be the actual song just a link or embed the spotify play but...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! BMW Connected Drive problems after iOS 11

HiSince upgrading to IOS 11 I can no longer control Spotify on my BMW connected drive. The app shows up on my screen in the car but doesn’t open. If I manually open Spotify on the phone hand set while connected I can hear the music through the car sy...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Since upgrading to IOS 11 I can no longer control Spotify on my BMW connected drive. The app shows up on my screen in the car but doesn’t open. If I manually open Spotify on the phone hand set wh...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 10 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 6 likes

Downloading songs (Solved)

So, spotify has this new lay-out but I cant find the download button can anyone help me? I really need help as I am going on vacation soon. update: I somehow got the old lay-out back and was able to download my songs

• So, spotify has this new lay-out but I cant find the download button can anyone help me? I really need help as I am going on vacation soon.   update: I somehow got the old lay-out back and was...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Dj app Don't have access to my Spotify

My concern is that I have the Dj App 2, and for some reason I don't have access to my Spotify music unless Im connected to a WiFi ... because when I use my cellular data it says error connection. What can I do to fix that or there's no way for me to ...

• My concern is that I have the Dj App 2, and for some reason I don't have access to my Spotify music unless Im connected to a WiFi ... because when I use my cellular data it says error connection. Wha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Screen rotation?

At one point, my spotify would auto rotate. So if I was using my iPhone horizontally for gps and had spotify going at the same time, spotify would rotate and display horizontally as well... What happen to this feature? Is it a setting I need to chang...

• Casual Listener
  • At one point, my spotify would auto rotate. So if I was using my iPhone horizontally for gps and had spotify going at the same time, spotify would rotate and display horizontally as well... What happ...
  • mestrada474
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

On Computer

Okay I have spotify on my computer but cannot get it on my iphone7. It keeps saying safari does not reconize the address. I have downloaded spotify on my iphone but cannot log in. I have signed up for the trial and will most likely keep the premium a...

• Okay I have spotify on my computer but cannot get it on my iphone7. It keeps saying safari does not reconize the address. I have downloaded spotify on my iphone but cannot log in. I have signed up fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Car stereo problems

I have a pioneer AVH-x3800BHS car stereo that is capable of controlling spotify directly from the stereo via usb connection from my phone. Ever since yesterday when update 8.2.0 was released for iOS, I have not been able to use the spotify app. My gi...

• I have a pioneer AVH-x3800BHS car stereo that is capable of controlling spotify directly from the stereo via usb connection from my phone. Ever since yesterday when update 8.2.0 was released for iOS,...
  • wmupchurch
  • Music Fan
  • 42 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 42 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution How do you find downloads with new update?

With this new update that occurred a couple of days ago came several changes, but the most impactful one is the loss of the “downloads” folder. How do I find a list strictly of stuff I’ve downloaded now? There are 3 or 4 albums I have downloaded that...

• With this new update that occurred a couple of days ago came several changes, but the most impactful one is the loss of the “downloads” folder. How do I find a list strictly of stuff I’ve downloaded ...
  • spebchob
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify on multiple devices

If i bought the spotify premium package, would i be able to use it on more than one device, for instance my i phone and my dad's iphone? Xx

• If i bought the spotify premium package, would i be able to use it on more than one device, for instance my i phone and my dad's iphone? Xx
  • amkdiwa
  • 130 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 130 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify app crashes immediately after login

I have iOS 7.1.2 My account works perfectly fine on my Mac, but when I try to login to Spotify on my phone it crashes immediately. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I've done a hard reset of the device, I have disconnected and reconnected my ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have iOS 7.1.2 My account works perfectly fine on my Mac, but when I try to login to Spotify on my phone it crashes immediately. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I've done a hard reset o...
  • Alex1701
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app iOS help

Hey guys, got an embarrassing question. I downloaded Spotify for my iPhone 6s. So I search for artists, but I can’t see their albums. It opens a screen with a picture and the artist name, below there are ‘you’ll also like’, similar artists and stuff ...

• Regular
  • Hey guys, got an embarrassing question. I downloaded Spotify for my iPhone 6s. So I search for artists, but I can’t see their albums. It opens a screen with a picture and the artist name, below there...
  • Zuff
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes