Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Can't download App

Hiya, just got iPhone 6 and it won't let me download app onto this device, shows the cloud with down arrow but won't download it, have already on iPad and samsung TV so why won't it work on new phone. Thanks

• Hiya, just got iPhone 6 and it won't let me download app onto this device, shows the cloud with down arrow but won't download it, have already on iPad and samsung TV so why won't it work on new phone...
  • noah_b-ca
  • 35 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 35 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify doesn't load the album cover art of .m4a files

Spotify on iOS supports .mp3 and .m4a, two file formats I use mainly for my local files. However, if I sync an album in the .m4a format to my Spotify app on my iPhone, the album cover doesn't load and instead shows a stock note cover art. .mp3 works ...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify on iOS supports .mp3 and .m4a, two file formats I use mainly for my local files. However, if I sync an album in the .m4a format to my Spotify app on my iPhone, the album cover doesn't load an...
  • albertfc
  • 2 replies
  • 13 likes
  • ALAC
    album
    art
    cover
    Cover Art
    Cover Images
    iOS
    iphone
    M4A
    Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 13 likes

Bluetooth sound not working on car!

I'm using latest version of iOS 11 and I have a bluetooth device installed in my car the bluetooth works great with calls and also stock applications VoiceRecorder and Apple Music app over the bluetooth. when using 3rd party apps such as Spotify ther...

• I'm using latest version of iOS 11 and I have a bluetooth device installed in my car the bluetooth works great with calls and also stock applications VoiceRecorder and Apple Music app over the blueto...
  • regalrecaller
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Same name but different artists??

So I’ve used Spotify for many many years and I’ve never seen this happen. I discovered this amazing indie band on the radio only to find out they’re a local band here in Puerto Rico. They’re pretty popular so I wanted to look them up on the app and l...

• Casual Listener
  • So I’ve used Spotify for many many years and I’ve never seen this happen. I discovered this amazing indie band on the radio only to find out they’re a local band here in Puerto Rico. They’re pretty p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening History in Old Versions of iOS Spotify App

Hi there! For my main Spotify-listening-device, I'm using an old iPod Touch. The Spotify version is 0.7.2.26. As an avid consumer of the Discover Weekly playlist, I'm concerned that my listening history on the iPod Touch might not be taken into consi...

• Hi there!   For my main Spotify-listening-device, I'm using an old iPod Touch. The Spotify version is 0.7.2.26. As an avid consumer of the Discover Weekly playlist, I'm concerned that my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Particular song not playing

Hi,i seem to be having a hard time playing a particular song in my library(since yesterday). It’s weird because it’s a song I normally play. I’ve done a hard reset on my phone and all that but it’s still not working. Helppp!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i seem to be having a hard time playing a particular song in my library(since yesterday). It’s weird because it’s a song I normally play. I’ve done a hard reset on my phone and all that but it’s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Last payment didn’t work, now cannot buy premium.

Hello, I’d like to ask for help.Few minutes ago I opened Spotify, I bought premium maybe 6 months ago. Till today there wasn’t any issues.Today a window popped out saying “Your last payment didn’t work” and I had to possibilities.I chose to downgrade...

• Hello,   I’d like to ask for help. Few minutes ago I opened Spotify, I bought premium maybe 6 months ago. Till today there wasn’t any issues. Today a window popped out saying “Your last paym...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

7th gen ipod not sycing

i just got premium after finding a way to sync the app with my ipod nano 7th gen but i can't seem to find a way to do it, could someone please help me?

• i just got premium after finding a way to sync the app with my ipod nano 7th gen but i can't seem to find a way to do it, could someone please help me?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

All of my songs exported from iTunes to Spotify can't be played at all.

Suddenly all of my Spotify songs I had exported from an iTunes playlist can't be played. I can only play songs I added to that playlist through Spotify after I exported it from iTunes. The ones in white letters in the screen shot are the ones I added...

• Suddenly all of my Spotify songs I had exported from an iTunes playlist can't be played. I can only play songs I added to that playlist through Spotify after I exported it from iTunes. The ones in wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is this a glitch?

So, about two months ago, I was listening to music and all of a sudden some random artist that I had never heard of started playing. They had like 6 monthly listeners, and the song was in another language. I changed my password, and the problem subsi...

• Casual Listener
  • So, about two months ago, I was listening to music and all of a sudden some random artist that I had never heard of started playing. They had like 6 monthly listeners, and the song was in another lan...
  • abreyere
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Apple Carplay] Sound quality on CarPlay

Hi,Just switch from Apple Music to Spotify.With Extreme music quality in the setting, when connecting to the CarPlay (with USB port), the sound quality is much worst then the Apple Music.Is it because when using CarPlay, Apple Music is using the car ...

• Hi, Just switch from Apple Music to Spotify. With Extreme music quality in the setting, when connecting to the CarPlay (with USB port), the sound quality is much worst then the Apple Music. Is it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Carplay
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes

No meta data (song info etc) being displayed in car Range Rover Velar when connecting via Bluetooth

I have a new Range Rover Velar, which has an awesome Spotify app built in, BUT to use it you need to connect to a phone via a ubs cable.... rubbish!!The car does link to my iPhone 7 running iOS 11.1.2 via Bluetooth. You can then select the media sour...

• I have a new Range Rover Velar, which has an awesome Spotify app built in, BUT to use it you need to connect to a phone via a ubs cable.... rubbish!! The car does link to my iPhone 7 running iOS 11....
  • Beysikm
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

Search not working on iphone

For about two weeks now, I have tried to look for new songs on the ios app and have had no luck using it. I though it was an account problem, but it works fine on my mac book. I also have trouble getting to playlist. Everything is up to date on the p...

• For about two weeks now, I have tried to look for new songs on the ios app and have had no luck using it. I though it was an account problem, but it works fine on my mac book. I also have trouble get...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify on IPhone Intermittent Slow Launch and blip on splash screen

This is becomming a little infuriating. I use Spotify pretty much everyday, but get this annoying blip. Sometimes Spotify won' t play from the locked screen on my iPhone 6 - latest software update. Swipe up, click play then nothing. I have to unlock ...

• This is becomming a little infuriating. I use Spotify pretty much everyday, but get this annoying blip.    Sometimes Spotify won' t play from the locked screen on my iPhone 6 - latest sof...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs stops/skips when carrying my iphone in my pocket

Mostly when I carry my iphone in my pocket and listening, the songs skips and or stops. I've found out that the *slightest* touch on the left side of the iphone makes this happens. And that's when my the screen is locked (dark). I can see that it see...

• Mostly when I carry my iphone in my pocket and listening, the songs skips and or stops. I've found out that the *slightest* touch on the left side of the iphone makes this happens. And that's when my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Release notes? (v 8.0.0.529)

Spotify, why do you hide your release notes?I'm a 'product guy' and one of the foremost things we do after release is tell our customers how fabulously awesome their product has just got. It's a no-brainer. Just having the same standard 'we just make...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify, why do you hide your release notes? I'm a 'product guy' and one of the foremost things we do after release is tell our customers how fabulously awesome their product has just got. It's a no...
  • Habicht1879
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 39 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 39 likes

Solved!! Lockscreen widget iOS 11

Hi, I've been running iOS 11 beta on my iPhone 7 the last few days and I've just noticed that when playing Spotify the lockscreen widget is no longer full screen... Now I'm aware iOS 11 is still in the beta phase and potentially things aren't set in ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   I've been running iOS 11 beta on my iPhone 7  the last few days and I've just noticed that when playing Spotify the lockscreen widget is no longer full screen...   Now I'm aw...
  • Jonspittle
  • Music Fan
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

CANNOT DOWNLOAD ANY SONGS

My spotify can’t downloading any songs. It just “waiting for downloding” but, i have been waiting for an hour and the songs haven’t downloaded. What should i do now?

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify can’t downloading any songs. It just “waiting for downloding” but, i have been waiting for an hour and the songs haven’t downloaded. What should i do now?
  • danildwinanda
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files not showing up on iPhone

Hello, I have an iTunes album that I have been trying to import onto Spotify for a while now. The songs show up on my Spotify's local files section but the problem is when I move this to a playlist the songs don't even show up on my iPhone. I have a ...

• Hello, I have an iTunes album that I have been trying to import onto Spotify for a while now. The songs show up on my Spotify's local files section but the problem is when I move this to a playlist t...
  • eweekly
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Download Folder Missing

Hello,Why doesn't my iPhone app have a "Downloads" folder? My friend has a folder that shows all her downloaded songs or albums. I have to manually search each song I want to hear and I'd rather have all my downloaded songs in one place.

• Hello, Why doesn't my iPhone app have a "Downloads" folder? My friend has a folder that shows all her downloaded songs or albums. I have to manually search each song I want to hear and I'd rather ...
  • Jillyfern
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes