Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Spotify playing random songs

Since a relatively recent update, when I try to play a song, Spotify often plays a random other song. And when I skip it, it often still goes to another random song that is not the song I want to play. Often enough, that to get to the next song I’m t...

• Music Fan
  • Since a relatively recent update, when I try to play a song, Spotify often plays a random other song. And when I skip it, it often still goes to another random song that is not the song I want to pla...
  • connorhawke
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

Plötzlich auftauchende nicht ausgewählte songs in der Playlist

Hallo, ich habe einen Premium Account und muss seit einiger Zeit feststellen, dass plötzlich während des Hörens (verschiedenster) Alben, Titel abgespielt werden, die ich nie ausgewählt habe. Es handelt sich um nichtssagende elektronische Musik. Ich h...

• Hallo, ich habe einen Premium Account und muss seit einiger Zeit feststellen, dass plötzlich während des Hörens (verschiedenster) Alben, Titel abgespielt werden, die ich nie ausgewählt habe. Es hande...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Running feature is fine with tempo detection?

I couldn’t find the running playsit or radio. That use to be able to detect my running tempo? Where can I find it? Will it be different from country to country? I am in Taiwan. But I use to be able to found this feature.

• I couldn’t find the running playsit or radio. That use to be able to detect my running tempo? Where can I find it? Will it be different from country to country? I am in Taiwan. But I use to be able t...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Random Pause/Skip

I have an iPhone 7 and using the headphones with the lighting port. Is anyone else getting a problem when they put their phone in their pocket and the music will randomly start skipping/pausing etc

• I have an iPhone 7 and using the headphones with the lighting port. Is anyone else getting a problem when they put their phone in their pocket and the music will randomly start skipping/pausing etc
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect for iphone

Spotify Connect on my iPhone cannot find the wi-fi speakers anymore although the HEOS app can. We have 2 other iPhones (without HEOS) that can find them via Spotify connect. We have the same version on all iPhones. The Spotify connect support site wa...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify Connect on my iPhone cannot find the wi-fi speakers anymore although the HEOS app can. We have 2 other iPhones (without HEOS) that can find them via Spotify connect. We have the same version ...
  • Anyskog
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest release broke shuffle button in my car

Hi, so my car (2015 Dodge Charger) had a repeat and shuffle button on the in-car touchscreen that would let me toggle the switches on or off. The latest Spotify release has broke this functionality.

• Regular
  • Hi, so my car (2015 Dodge Charger) had a repeat and shuffle button on the in-car touchscreen that would let me toggle the switches on or off. The latest Spotify release has broke this functionality.&...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

7 second then it stops

I have Spotify premium. Since a while back a majority of songs will stop playing after 7-15 seconds or won’t play at all. It doesn’t matter if I have them downloaded on my iPhone or not, same issue. Occasionally it works. I’ve tried reinstalling the ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify premium. Since a while back a majority of songs will stop playing after 7-15 seconds or won’t play at all. It doesn’t matter if I have them downloaded on my iPhone or not, same issue. ...
  • Nmarinel57
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth audio through ford sync

So I have been having a problem, my Spotify will not play though the Bluetooth in my Ford Focus with sync it played through the USB fine but not the Bluetooth or the aux cord I have tried master reset and it didn't work. This is the second phone I ha...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have been having a problem, my Spotify will not play though the Bluetooth in my Ford Focus with sync it played through the USB fine but not the Bluetooth or the aux cord I have tried master rese...
  • Rubenruiz
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Chromecast Audi and Spotify app. Works on 2.4ghz but not 5ghz

Hi, I have trobule with my chromecast audi and spotify. When using my 2.4ghz network I have no issues casting through the spotify app or any other apps. But as soon as I set up the chromcast audi to 5ghz network, I can not find the chromecast in the ...

• Hi, I have trobule with my chromecast audi and spotify. When using my 2.4ghz network I have no issues casting through the spotify app or any other apps. But as soon as I set up the chromcast audi to ...
  • byteorder
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Why I don’t have the radio option?

Hi, I have just created an account and noticed that I have no radio option on the ios app. I’ve checked with a friend and he sees the same problem. When I created a test account using vpn of a european country, I could see the radio option. Is there ...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I have just created an account and noticed that I have no radio option on the ios app. I’ve checked with a friend and he sees the same problem. When I created a test account using vpn of...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Import Your Music not showing on settings

Before I agreed to start a Premium trial for 60 days, there was an option called "Import Your Music" on the Settings menu. Such option allowed me to import music from my Iphone to the Spotify app, but now it has dissapeared from the menu. What is goi...

• Before I agreed to start a Premium trial for 60 days, there was an option called "Import Your Music" on the Settings menu. Such option allowed me to import music from my Iphone to the Spotify app, bu...
  • leoklaus
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify offline in USA does not work

I have a Spotify Premium Account in Switzerland. During my recent trip to the United States, all my stored albums did not work Offline. What is the problem?

• I have a Spotify Premium Account in Switzerland.  During my recent trip to the United States, all my stored albums did not work Offline.  What is the problem?
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify-connect and battery drain on IOS

When I use spotify connect, battery is draining a lot. I think that it due to music is reading on the phone and on the connected spotify device together : I hear music on the connected spotify device and on the speaker of my phone (very slow volume)S...

• Casual Listener
  • When I use spotify connect,  battery is draining a lot.  I think that it due to music is reading on the phone and on the connected spotify device together : I hear music on the connec...
  • Graurk
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • battery
    iOS
    spotify-connect
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Microphone fnction not working on my device, but working on other devices in family plan

Recently updated to 8.4.45.564, and the speech function refuses to work on either my iphone or ipad, but works fine on my mothers phone. We have a family sharing plan and she and myself are on the plan. Same iphones, same ios version, same spotify ve...

• Recently updated to 8.4.45.564, and the speech function refuses to work on either my iphone or ipad, but works fine on my mothers phone. We have a family sharing plan and she and myself are on the pl...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify plays songs always in mixed order

I can't find a way to make spotify play my lists in the order they're ment to be, they are played always in mixed order no matter what I try to do. The problem is only when played in iPhone 5s, not in computer. Is there a solution?

• I can't find a way to make spotify play my lists in the order they're ment to be, they are played always in mixed order no matter what I try to do. The problem is only when played in iPhone 5s, not i...
  • carleykuspa
  • 20 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 8 likes

se interrumpe reproduccion en el coche al conectar por BT con iphone X

El problema es al conectar la reproduccion de Spotify al audio del coche, es un Porsche Cayenne, la conexion por BT enlaza bien y tambien funciona bien con las manos libres, pero con Spotify solo reproduce un momento y termina cortandose la reproducc...

• El problema es al conectar la reproduccion de Spotify al audio del coche, es un Porsche Cayenne, la conexion por BT enlaza bien y tambien funciona bien con las manos libres, pero con Spotify solo rep...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Finding Downloads

I am really struggling with sorting this out on my iphone - I have uninstalled, reinstalled, logged out logged in et cetera. Thanks to a previous post I have finally worked out where to find my downloads, but while it was really simple playing downlo...

• I am really struggling with sorting this out on my iphone - I have uninstalled, reinstalled, logged out logged in et cetera. Thanks to a previous post I have finally worked out where to find my downl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop app not loading anything

On my MacBook Pro Spotify app I've had trouble loading anything. When I select a playlist of mine, an album, artists, or just a search it gets stuck at the spinning circle loading screen indefinitely. I've researched and tried to reinstall the app an...

• On my MacBook Pro Spotify app I've had trouble loading anything. When I select a playlist of mine, an album, artists, or just a search it gets stuck at the spinning circle loading scre...
  • aflo2012
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist cover wont update

I have a playlist cover on one of my playlists and I changed it to something else a few weeks ago, but on the mobile app it doesn’t show me the new one, but the old one. It shwos the new one on my desktop (windows 10 spotify desktop app) but it doesn...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a playlist cover on one of my playlists and I changed it to something else a few weeks ago, but on the mobile app it doesn’t show me the new one, but the old one. It shwos the new one on my de...
  • coherency
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes