Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

On computer tracks no longer sync onto iPhone

On computer tracks no longer sync onto iPhone

My iPhone (iOS 😎 updated its Spotify about an hour ago.

ALL my owned tracks that I had synced from my computer disappeared.

I tried resyncin them according to the instructions.

No, I did not see the "songs magically appearing", as it says in the instructions...

Half the tracks that I listen to on my iPhone Spotify are tracks that I have bought for example on iTunes, or on CDs, as they are not offered by Spotify in Finland. This latest "update" of the software very neatly renders the entire app utterly useless for me.

I pay for this service. Therefore I expect this issue to be addressed and fixed very promptly.

Thank you.

Edit:

Here are some more details, as I have tried experimenting with the desktop player and the iPhone app.

1) The desktop client locates and plays the files correctly.

2) The iPhone app "communicates" with the desktop client, as it works as a remote controller to my desktop client.

3) The space that the app takes on my phone has diminished by an appropriate size, implying it no longer has the local tracks synced on the phone.

4) Yes, I do have sufficiently room on my phone, more than sufficiently, actually.

5) Yes, all my offline playlists work for those tracks that are not local files. As for the local files only tracks, no, they remain grayed out no matter whether offline or online.

6) If a track exists both on the Spotify catalogue and in local files, the track works. As for tracks that exist only as local files, the track is grayed out, and it tells me to sync my phone over the wifi (which I have now done 7 times, intermittently restarting the computer and/or the phone)

7) And lastly, yes, I've followed through the steps in this post https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/iOS-Troubleshooting-Spotify/m-p/478... to force the tracks on my phone. And they STILL remain grayed out...

0 Replies

Suggested posts