Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! Playlists accross devices won't sync on iOS

Hi Guys, I recently experienced problems when adding song to playlists. When I add a new song to one of my playlists, it won't appear in the same playlists on the other devices, including the Mac OS Spotify App, the iPhone app and the iPad app. Conne...

• Regular
  • Hi Guys,   I recently experienced problems when adding song to playlists. When I add a new song to one of my playlists, it won't appear in the same playlists on the other devices, including ...
  • jeanbapp
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover missing on new iPad app

The discover feature is missing on the new version of Spotify for iPad.

• Community Legend
  • The discover feature is missing on the new version of Spotify for iPad.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify iPad is too outdated: No Discover, Me & Others.

Spotify's iPad App is too under powered, it doesn't come with Discover, Collections, Browse and many other features which is not available. Update: 24 Nov 2013: Spotify connect is launched on my ipad and iphone, but didnt see the rest of the other fe...

• Community Legend
  • Spotify's iPad App is too under powered, it doesn't come with Discover, Collections, Browse and many other features which is not available.   Update: 24 Nov 2013: Spotify connect is launch...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 59 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 8 likes

Deleting spotify to free up space

Hi there. I need to get the new ios8 installed on my iphone but I don't have enough space. It seems the most room is being taken up by Spotify. If I delete the app, upgrade to ios8 and then reinstall the app, will it all be good? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there. I need to get the new ios8 installed on my iphone but I don't have enough space. It seems the most room is being taken up by Spotify. If I delete the app, upgrade to ios8 and then reinstall...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Counting number of synced tracks

Hey guys, I just got an iPhone and upgraded to premium in order to store my music offline. I know that there is a 3,333 song limit - my question is how do I know if I hit it? I am haveing trouble syncing additional tracks, despite the fact that I tha...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys,   I just got an iPhone and upgraded to premium in order to store my music offline. I know that there is a 3,333 song limit - my question is how do I know if I hit it? I am haveing ...
  • jgarcia-78
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My local files from Spotify PC version don´t sync in my iPhone

Dear users, I have a problem with my iphone. I have some playlists with local files. I synced my iphone with Spotify and it appears in devices. The problem appears when my playlists are synced in my phone without the local files. I don´t know what I ...

• Dear users,    I have a problem with my iphone.   I have some playlists with local files. I synced my iphone with Spotify and it appears in devices. The problem appears when my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Your music not in ipad version

I've read the release notes for the latest version of the ios app and looked at the sticky thread of this board about the new version and FINALLY figured out that although the release notes say that Your Music is available in the new version of the i...

• Roadie
  • I've read the release notes for the latest version of the ios app and looked at the sticky thread of this board about the new version and FINALLY figured out that although the release notes say that ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 117 replies
  • 65 likes
  • Ipad version
  • 117 replies
  • 65 likes

Shame IOS 8.1

Hello, i want to know whats the problem with the iOS 8.1, since i upgrade my phone, spotify disappeared from my apps, when i try to open it from the apple store it doesn't open. I use premium and its a shame that i am paing for something that i actua...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, i want to know whats the problem with the iOS 8.1, since i upgrade my phone, spotify disappeared from my apps, when i try to open it from the apple store it doesn't open. I use premium and...
  • elfglimmer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Your Music" feature on iPad app missing?

Hello, I am missing the "Your Music" feature on the iPad app yet I can see it on the iPhone app? What is the reason for this? Is there something I can do to fix this? Thank you in advanced.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I am missing the "Your Music" feature on the iPad app yet I can see it on the iPhone app? What is the reason for this? Is there something I can do to fix this? Thank you in advanced.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

**Spotify on iPhone 5S, IOS 8.1 using A2DP**

Took the plunge today and upgraded to IOS 8.1. I am rarely an early adopter any more (been stung by that before, thanks) but it'd been out a bit and recent patches solved a lot of the intial issues, apparently. I really, really wish I'd not bothered ...

• Casual Listener
  • Took the plunge today and upgraded to IOS 8.1. I am rarely an early adopter any more (been stung by that before, thanks) but it'd been out a bit and recent patches solved a lot of the intial issues, ...
  • johntaylor5
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

(Bug) ipad offline big album art

I can't post to the bugs section yet,so posting it here.When I download the music for offline playing, the big album art in the now playing section never loads . neither when online or offline. Music that isn't downloaded loads the album art perfectl...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't post to the bugs section yet,so posting it here. When I download the music for offline playing, the big album art in the now playing section never loads . neither when online or offline. Mus...
  • Lorenzo_NGG
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not showing songs for artists/albums on ipod touch

Hi, I've had Premium for a few months now. I've synced my ipod with my offline playlist but my ipod does not show any songs when i press on the artist/album. I can, however, play individual songs from the songs tab. It has been like this for a few da...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I've had Premium for a few months now. I've synced my ipod with my offline playlist but my ipod does not show any songs when i press on the artist/album. I can, however, play individua...
  • tevinkids
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist I am following will not update!

I am using Spotify on Iphone 5 ios 8.1. I have subscribed to a playlist and I receive emails whenever the owner of the playlist adds songs to it, but I am unable to sync or update my playlist to include the new songs. I have even stopped following th...

• I am using Spotify on Iphone 5 ios 8.1.  I have subscribed to a playlist and I receive emails whenever the owner of the playlist adds songs to it, but I am unable to sync or update my playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.8.0

What's new in this version (1.8.0) New: Now supports Apple CarPlay! Play Spotify in your CarPlay equipped vehicle. Just connect a compatible iPhone. New: Spotify can now speak Swedish, and Québécois on iOS 8. Fixed: Various new bugs on iOS 8.

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg
  • Spotify Legend
  •   What's new in this version (1.8.0)   New: Now supports Apple CarPlay! Play Spotify in your CarPlay equipped vehicle. Just connect a compatible iPhone. New: Spotify can now spe...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 52 replies
  • 2 likes
    iOS
    Release Notes
  • 52 replies
  • 2 likes

I temporarily need space on my iphone without deleting my library

Hi, I have an iphone 5 and want to upgrade on IOS 8. However, this temporarily requires 5 GB of free space that I don't have right now. Therefore, I would like to delete the Spotify music that I made available for offline utilization. BUT: I would li...

• Hi,   I have an iphone 5 and want to upgrade on IOS 8. However, this temporarily requires 5 GB of free space that I don't have right now.   Therefore, I would like to delete the Spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

lost all songs

i lost everything. hundreds of songs after trying to log in like i do every day. my password wasnt working. i reset it and i have nothing saved. it says i am a new user when i am a premium member for month. a paying customer. there is no customer ser...

• i lost everything. hundreds of songs after trying to log in like i do every day. my password wasnt working.  i reset it and i have nothing saved.  it says i am a new user when i am a prem...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify shuffles playlist when filtered

When I scroll to the very top of a playlist to filter it to play a specifc artist, it shuffles through my whole playlist instead? (iphone 5)

• When I scroll to the very top of a playlist to filter it to play a specifc artist, it shuffles through my whole playlist instead? (iphone 5)
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Music

All of a sudden all of my playlists disappeared on my iPod and my favorites won't load and it says that I don't have any local files either. I can still get to the songs that I have saved but nothing shows up under the Playlist tab and my music stops...

• All of a sudden all of my playlists disappeared on my iPod and my favorites won't load and it says that I don't have any local files either. I can still get to the songs that I have saved but nothing...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help! My premium account doesn't work offline!

For the past few weeks my spotify premium account will not play music offline. It was working fine a few months ago and then my account just stopped working. I signed up again but now my account on my phone won't allow me to play music when offline.

• For the past few weeks my spotify premium account will not play music offline. It was working fine a few months ago and then my account just stopped working. I signed up again but now my account on m...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't See Songs Downloaded from iTunes Store (iOS)

I do not have iTunes on my computer but I downloaded a song from iTunes on my iPhone. Is there anyway to get that song to show up on my Spotify app? Thanks!

• I do not have iTunes on my computer but I downloaded a song from iTunes on my iPhone. Is there anyway to get that song to show up on my Spotify app?   Thanks!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes