Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Help! My premium account doesn't work offline!

For the past few weeks my spotify premium account will not play music offline. It was working fine a few months ago and then my account just stopped working. I signed up again but now my account on my phone won't allow me to play music when offline.

• For the past few weeks my spotify premium account will not play music offline. It was working fine a few months ago and then my account just stopped working. I signed up again but now my account on m...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't See Songs Downloaded from iTunes Store (iOS)

I do not have iTunes on my computer but I downloaded a song from iTunes on my iPhone. Is there anyway to get that song to show up on my Spotify app? Thanks!

• I do not have iTunes on my computer but I downloaded a song from iTunes on my iPhone. Is there anyway to get that song to show up on my Spotify app?   Thanks!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs dont play when on Iphone, but I have premnium acount and full bars LTE connection

When on my iPhone I press play on songs and sometimes it takes forever to play or sometimes it will start and stop playing and start and stop. Basically, the connection is not smooth. It is very frustrating because I am paying for premnium service. I...

• When on my iPhone  I press play on songs and sometimes it takes forever to play or sometimes it will start and stop playing and start and stop. Basically, the connection is not smooth. It is ver...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • . stop playing
    connection
    intermittent
    internet connection
    interrupted
    iphone
    pause
    songs
    streaming
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account - offline "My Music"

My offline music doesn't work on latest IOS on iPhone 6 under either Albums or Artists. If I click on an Album (or Artist) 3 circles pop up as if it's loading, but nothing happens. Everything is visible (and playable) under the Songs section, but I'd...

• My offline music doesn't work on latest IOS on iPhone 6 under either Albums or Artists. If I click on an Album (or Artist) 3 circles pop up as if it's loading, but nothing happens. Everything is visi...
  • amd
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playback issues when abroad

Hi everyone. I recently visited Spain and sync'd lots of music to my iPhone to play offline over there, to avoid data roaming charges. Much to my disappointment, I could not play a lot of the music without going online and I would like to know if I d...

• Music Fan
  • Hi everyone. I recently visited Spain and sync'd lots of music to my iPhone to play offline over there, to avoid data roaming charges. Much to my disappointment, I could not play a lot of the mus...
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Music won't play

I open Spotify, click a playlist to go on shuffle, and the player shows up, the music tracker shows up, but nothing happens. The song doesn't start, it has a symbol where the timer should be that looks like "-:--" on both sides. Please help! I've tri...

• I open Spotify, click a playlist to go on shuffle, and the player shows up, the music tracker shows up, but nothing happens. The song doesn't start, it has a symbol where the timer should be that loo...
  • Jason
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded spotify app, but it appeared on wife's phone.

I have an iPhone 4s running OS 7.1.2 (afraid to install 8 because it's already got issues). I downloaded the free spotify app on the app store and tried to open it from the screen on the app store. It doesn't appear on my desktop, but it showed up on...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone 4s running OS 7.1.2 (afraid to install 8 because it's already got issues). I downloaded the free spotify app on the app store and tried to open it from the screen on the app store. I...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume control missing for Connect

I have an ipad mini (non-retina) and an iphone 5s. Both are updated to ihe latest ios 8.0.2 and are running Spotify v 1.8.0.2444. When I start Spotify in one or the the other device, I can establish comm via Connect and control the playlists, stop & ...

• I have an ipad mini (non-retina) and an iphone 5s.  Both are updated to ihe latest ios 8.0.2 and are running Spotify v 1.8.0.2444.     When I start Spotify in one or the the other ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play in Shuffle Mode

Ever since the iOS 8 update, spotify will not play my playlists in shuffle mode. It will sometimes play one track, and then either go silent (and appear to be playing the song) or a message will pop up 'unable to play song'. This app is now useless t...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since the iOS 8 update, spotify will not play my playlists in shuffle mode.  It will sometimes play one track, and then either go silent (and appear to be playing the song) or a message wil...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

glitch resulted in me finding random, yet cool songs. cannot find them.

TL;DR Spotify glitched resulting in me listening to totally random, but cool songs. Wanna find the names of em but cant and want to know if there is a track list of songs ive listened to. I was listening to a song called Abyssinia by the Ghost when t...

• Casual Listener
  • TL;DR  Spotify glitched resulting in me listening to totally random, but cool songs. Wanna find the names of em but cant and want to know if there is a track list of songs ive listened to. &nb...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot access "my music " playlist from my iPad app.

From my iPad app I cannot access the my music playlist from my iPad app. I also cannot add music to the playlist. I have uninstalled and re-downloaded the app.

• From my iPad app I cannot access the my music playlist from my iPad app. I also cannot add music to the playlist. I have uninstalled and re-downloaded the app.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Plus d'écoute hors ligne depuis la mise à jour IOS 8.1

Bonjour Depuis la mise à jour de l'iphone 4s en 8.1, je n'arrive plus à écouter les morceaux importés dans mon Iphone en mode déconnecté. Ca cherche une connexion et ça n'affiche pas les morceaux. Pourtant, il est marqué : connecté vous avant 29 jour...

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour Depuis la mise à jour de l'iphone 4s en 8.1, je n'arrive plus à écouter les morceaux importés dans mon Iphone en mode déconnecté. Ca cherche une connexion et ça n'affiche pas les morceaux...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't want to download all of the tracks selected for offline

Today Spotify started to do strange things. I had few playlists for offline use on my iPhone 5S with iOS 8.1 and I saw that suddenly not all of the tracks are downloaded for offline use. I've decided to download them but it just keeps them "on hold"....

• Regular
  • Today Spotify started to do strange things. I had few playlists for offline use on my iPhone 5S with iOS 8.1 and I saw that suddenly not all of the tracks are downloaded for offline use. I've decided...
  • Angelmm
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes

disconnecting spotify from my facebook on my iphone

I want to disconnect my (own) facebook from spotify on my iphone. My wife pays for premium user status and I want my phone to be one of the devices attached to her facebook account, however on my iphone it automatically connects to my facebook and I ...

• I want to disconnect my (own) facebook from spotify on my iphone. My wife pays for premium user status and I want my phone to be one of the devices attached to her facebook account, however on my iph...
  • Grace
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

downloading local files to i-phone

I never received a reply to previous question, so I thought I'd try again... I burned the Squirrel Nut Zippers Hot onto my computer, it is synced to Spotify, but I can only play it on my computer. I have synced my phone with Spotify on my computer, w...

• Regular
  • I never received a reply to previous question, so I thought I'd try again...   I burned the  Squirrel Nut Zippers Hot onto my computer, it is synced to Spotify, but I can only play it o...
  • TLCONRAD
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files on iphone
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug in search history

Swiping left on a single item in the search history in order to reveal a delete button works about 1% of the time. Usually there is no response.iOS 8.1, iPhone 6

• Casual Listener
  • Swiping left on a single item in the search history in order to reveal a delete button works about 1% of the time. Usually there is no response. iOS 8.1, iPhone 6
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline problem

Hi everyone,I had a list of tunes available offline. I downloaded a few more tunes which were not made available offline so I deactivated the offline mode to go back ok it, I thought it would make those songs available. But it didn't, and now only 4 ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone, I had a list of tunes available offline. I downloaded a few more tunes which were not made available offline so I deactivated the offline mode to go back ok it, I thought it would mak...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks under Artists not loading offline

My mobile premium iphone app had been working great until as of late. I have a bunch of artists synced offline to my phone. However, I couldn't choose to play any of these songs within the artist section. However, I can shuffle play all my synced mus...

• Casual Listener
  • My mobile premium iphone app had been working great until as of late. I have a bunch of artists synced offline to my phone. However, I couldn't choose to play any of these songs within the artist sec...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify: My story for change

Hello! I have registered a new account just for this forum (I don't want to connect my main account to a forum board). I'm a premium subscriber and have been now for over 2 years. It took me a while to get used to Spotify, I'll be honest with you the...

• Visitor
  • Hello!   I have registered a new account just for this forum (I don't want to connect my main account to a forum board). I'm a premium subscriber and have been now for over 2 years. It took ...
  • smidny
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes