Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Iphone not showing up in devices/ Unable to sync local files

I connected my mac and my iphone to the same wifi and still not gettiing my iphone to show in the "devices" in spotify app. I even tried to connect it through the USB cable and still the same problem. Also, my iphone was turned on all the time on the...

• Regular
  • I connected my mac and my iphone to the same wifi and still not gettiing my iphone to show in the "devices" in spotify app. I even tried to connect it through the USB cable and still the same problem...
  • Gsm
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove second last song - Bug report

When listening to an album that is saved, if you remove the second last song of the album, while listening to the album by pressing the check mark, and forward to the next song, it does not play the last song, but rather it just stops and resets to t...

• Gig Goer
  • When listening to an album that is saved, if you remove the second last song of the album, while listening to the album by pressing the check mark, and forward to the next song, it does not play the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Crash after selecting Spotify share.

After selecting share via spotify from a song the app crashes every time.Iphone 4S 8.0.2

• After selecting share via spotify from a song the app crashes every time. Iphone 4S 8.0.2
  • nesskehoe
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

All playlists are gone (fixed)

Well the title pretty much gives it away. All my playlists are gone, just like that. Has something happened on the server side of Spotify? I can't even restore my playlists which I actually managed to find on my account. What do I do? Edit: I managed...

• Roadie
  • Well the title pretty much gives it away. All my playlists are gone, just like that. Has something happened on the server side of Spotify? I can't even restore my playlists which I actually managed t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't show my downloaded albums

Sometimes when I scroll across "My Music" and view my downloaded albums, I try to open an album and just get the three spots (loading symbols) but the album contents won't appear. My only option is to log out of spotify and log back in again, which s...

• Casual Listener
  • Sometimes when I scroll across "My Music" and view my downloaded albums, I try to open an album and just get the three spots (loading symbols) but the album contents won't appear. My only option is t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone spotify app wont open

I have an iPhone 5 and have the most recent update and since updating my iPhone The spotify app wont open, I have tried re downloading it several times and also resetting my phone! I have no idea what to do and feel like I'm wasting my money as it ha...

• I have an iPhone 5 and have the most recent update and since updating my iPhone The spotify app wont open, I have tried re downloading it several times and also resetting my phone! I have no idea wha...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app download on iPhone stuck on logo scren

I've been trying to download the spotify app and when I open it, it's stuck on the logo screen. Tried uninstalling and re downloading 3 times now. Still does not work.

• Casual Listener
  • I've been trying to download the spotify app and when I open it, it's stuck on the logo screen. Tried uninstalling and re downloading 3 times now. Still does not work.
  • Sarahvee8
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Download error
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Adding new songs to existing playslists not working in iOS 8 app

I`m starting to get really annoyed with the iOS 8 app and concider to cancel my subscription if Spotify doesn`t fix this real soon. I have two major issues with the new iOS 8 app, 1. I can no longer add new songs to my existing playlist folders, when...

• Roadie
  • I`m starting to get really annoyed with the iOS 8 app and concider to cancel my subscription if Spotify doesn`t fix this real soon. I have two major issues with the new iOS 8 app,   1. I c...
  • radiuz
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

how to enable ALL music for offline playing?

I'm having the offline artists not being available issue, and want to try deleting and reinstalling Spotify. However I spent ages selecting each artist and enabling offline mode, and I do not want to have to do that again. I get that everything will ...

• Regular
  • I'm having the offline artists not being available issue, and want to try deleting and reinstalling Spotify. However I spent ages selecting each artist and enabling offline mode, and I do not want to...
  • radiuz
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to save albums on my IOS Desktop app

Last night I saved several new ablums on my Iphone app which havent synced to my descktop app? When I look up the abum on my desktop the save button is there, but I cant use it??? so I have now way to save songs to my desktop app?? Can anyone advise?...

• Last night I saved several new ablums on my Iphone app which havent synced to my descktop app?   When I look up the abum on my desktop the save button is there, but I cant use it??? so I hav...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

issue on multiple devices

I have had Spotify for a couple of years now and never had an issue but I just downloaded Spotify for my girlfriend's phone and put it on my account which is fine but whenever one of us starts listening to music out starts on the other phone then if ...

• I have had Spotify for a couple of years now and never had an issue but I just downloaded Spotify for my girlfriend's phone and put it on my account which is fine but whenever one of us starts listen...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • multiple devices
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't open after the latest Spotify update

Spotify was working great until I got the Spotify update on October 9th. Now when I tap on the Spotify icon it opens up to the Spotify screen but it won't go any further. Spotify shutsdown and takes me back to my ipad home screen. It's so frustrating...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify was working great until I got the Spotify update on October 9th.  Now when I tap on the Spotify icon it opens up to the Spotify screen but it won't go any further.  Spotify shutsdow...
  • rf1969
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to subscribe to premium account

Hi. My trial version has expired and I want to subscribe to premium account. i can't find on my iPad the button that would allow me to upgrade to premium account. I browsed on Google and I've read that it is on "manage subscription" but I can't find ...

• Hi. My trial version has expired and I want to subscribe to premium account. i can't find on my iPad the button that would allow me to upgrade to premium account. I browsed on Google and I've read th...
  • Abner
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify app closes constantly

Spotify app on I pod touch constantly shuts down during browsing and search and even shuts down during offline activities. Any help?

• Spotify app on I pod touch constantly shuts down during browsing and search and even shuts down during offline activities. Any help?
  • Lucielouise
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Content in Your Music suddenly gone

All the content (songs, albums, artists) is gone just like the fifth time. Deleting the app (iOS) fixes the problem for some time but that´s not what I am looking for. Is there any fix for this?

• All the content (songs, albums, artists) is gone just like the fifth time. Deleting the app (iOS) fixes the problem for some time but that´s not what I am looking for. Is there any fix for this?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Next Update

When will there be a new update released to fix the Ios8 problem that the app will show the logo and the crash after a few seconds? It's ridiculous that we are having to pay for a feature that we can't even use because of a bug that the developers sh...

• Casual Listener
  • When will there be a new update released to fix the Ios8 problem that the app will show the logo and the crash after a few seconds? It's ridiculous that we are having to pay for a feature that we c...
  • FreshPrincee801
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Thumbs up / down

When I hit the thumbs up or down it says oops something went wrong every time

• Casual Listener
  • When I hit the thumbs up or down it says oops something went wrong every time
  • Guitarjon01
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad app meine Musik fehlt

In meiner iPad app fehlt "meine Musik" - d.h. der Button fehlt -, auch kann ich meinen Kontorsionen nicht nachschauen. Das alles geht auf dem iPhone,aber nicht auf dem iPad. IPad Air iOS 8.02; iPhone 6 iOS 8.02; spotify Premium Account Hilfe!! Was ma...

• Casual Listener
  • In meiner iPad app fehlt "meine Musik" - d.h. der Button fehlt -, auch kann ich meinen Kontorsionen nicht nachschauen. Das alles geht auf dem iPhone,aber nicht auf dem iPad. IPad Air iOS 8.02; iPhone...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Synced Local Tracks Not Playing

I synched my spotify with my new Iphone 6. All my tracks downloaded but there a lot of offline tracks that show up as synched but when you go to play them nothing happens and they don't repond. When I connect the device to spotify everything is shown...

• Regular
  • I synched my spotify with my new Iphone 6. All my tracks downloaded but there a lot of offline tracks that show up as synched but when you go to play them nothing happens and they don't repond. When ...
  • DarkJay
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Remove the song you were listening to from playlist

I was wondering if there was a way to remove the song that you are listening to from the playlist that you are listening to. As far as I can see, in the iOS app, you have to go to the playlist, filter for the name of the song, and then press edit pla...

• Gig Goer
  • I was wondering if there was a way to remove the song that you are listening to from the playlist that you are listening to. As far as I can see, in the iOS app, you have to go to the playlist, filte...
  • Feddar
  • Gig Goer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS playlist
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes