Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

iOS App V1.8.1.8 very buggy using AirPlay

Since the update to v1.8.0 the AirPlay performance of Spotify makes it useless.It often plays 2 songs simultaneously or a song and an ad simultaneously (cancelled premium as fed up with this crap)..Will play for a while but stops and will only start ...

• Music Fan
  • Since the update to v1.8.0 the AirPlay performance of Spotify makes it useless. It often plays 2 songs simultaneously or a song and an ad simultaneously (cancelled premium as fed up with this crap...
  • xtripz
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipad Iphone Free account

Hello, I just downloaded the Spotify app to both my ipad and iphone. At the top of the screen it says 48 hours remaining of your trial. Just wondering if I installed the right app? Will this just turn into the free radio with advertisements after the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I just downloaded the Spotify app to both my ipad and iphone. At the top of the screen it says 48 hours remaining of your trial. Just wondering if I installed the right app? Will th...
  • jhollyGinger30
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Unable to listen to music without shuffle

I'm unable to listen to any song in my playlist or when I search. I was able to do this when using the free 7 day trial but since I upgraded to premium I'm unable to.

• Regular
  • I'm unable to listen to any song in my playlist or when I search. I was able to do this when using the free 7 day trial but since I upgraded to premium I'm unable to.
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to download Spotify playlists...

HeyIs there a way to download playlists in Spotify w/o keeping the app open all the time? Just went from Android to iOS, and on my Android phone you didn't need to keep the app open all the time while syncing.

• Regular
  • Hey Is there a way to download playlists in Spotify w/o keeping the app open all the time? Just went from Android to iOS, and on my Android phone you didn't need to keep the app open all the time ...
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists created on the Computer doesn´t appear on my iphone anymore...

Hey, i got a huge problem. When i create a playlist on my macbook it doesnt appear on my iphone (5S ios8) anymore. Same thing if i create a playlist on my iphone - i cannot find it on the computer version... second thing: if i want to put a new album...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   i got a huge problem. When i create a playlist on my macbook it doesnt appear on my iphone (5S ios8) anymore. Same thing if i create a playlist on my iphone - i cannot find it on the ...
  • moey2102
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline loading IOS8 problem

Hi, I have a iphone 5s running on the latest IOS8 version & Spotify version 1.8.1.8. Ever since the new IOS8 came out my offline albums or anything won't show up when you go into the album section. Its just a blank playlist area with the 'Available O...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  I have a iphone 5s running on the latest IOS8 version & Spotify version 1.8.1.8.  Ever since the new IOS8 came out my offline albums or anything won't show up when you go int...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync music to iPod classic

Hello I have a problem synching music to my ipod. When I didn't have premium I could sync all local files but even that isn't possible anymore. I did everything my friend told me to (she had done this couple of times successfully) but it just kept st...

• Regular
  • Hello   I have a problem synching music to my ipod. When I didn't have premium I could sync all local files but even that isn't possible anymore. I did everything my friend told me to (...
  • saddisti
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Hey! I'm having my first problem with this app and it's very aggravating. Anytime I have hit the "Available Offline" switch from off to on it syncs and every has been good. Recently I've noticed it hasn't been syncing my new songs. I've kinda ignored...

• Hey! I'm having my first problem with this app and it's very aggravating. Anytime I have hit the "Available Offline" switch from off to on it syncs and every has been good. Recently I've noticed it ...
  • radiuz
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline Access
    offline Album
    Offline Devices
    offline mode
    offline playlists
    Offline songs
    offline sync
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Max song u can sync for offline list? (3528songs?)

Hey just bought a new ipod touch because old one was broken. Found out it cant sync more then 3528 songs for offline playlist. Is there away to sync the rest off the playlist.. have about 7000 songs in my playlist and can never listen to the newest o...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey just bought a new ipod touch because old one was broken. Found out it cant sync more then 3528 songs for offline playlist. Is there away to sync the rest off the playlist.. have about 7000 songs ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Full playlists not showing up on iPhone but showing up on computer?

I recently created a new playlist and songs I first added to it while on Spotify on my computer are showing up on my iPhone, but songs that I have added more recently (not the original songs on the playlist) are not showing up at all. I have tried lo...

• I recently created a new playlist and songs I first added to it while on Spotify on my computer are showing up on my iPhone, but songs that I have added more recently (not the original songs on the p...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Issue with playing Online and Offline music when signed on 2 devices

I have a Premium account signed on 2 iPhones, when I try playing online or even offline music on both at the same time, it shows a message saying that I am controlling the other device, I tried to remove all devices and add them back on, same happens...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Premium account signed on 2 iPhones, when I try playing online or even offline music on both at the same time, it shows a message saying that I am controlling the other device, I tried to re...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to manage music on different devices

My wife and son both have iPhones but want different music than me. Can they remove music from theirs without it affecting mine? And also I can't get music to play in offline mode on theirs. Please help.Sincerely, Chris.

• Casual Listener
  • My wife and son both have iPhones but want different music than me. Can they remove music from theirs without it affecting mine? And also I can't get music to play in offline mode on theirs. Please h...
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline Storage on iPhone

Does the Spotify App store offline songs on iPhone more than once if a song is on more than one playlist? Also, what is the purpose of the Available Offline switch in individual Albums if they can't be listened to in that format offline? Thanks in ad...

• Casual Listener
  • Does the Spotify App store offline songs on iPhone more than once if a song is on more than one playlist? Also, what is the purpose of the Available Offline switch in individual Albums if they can'...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Synchronising my playlists

Hello I have a problem. I have a premium account, and a playlist with 163 songs Everything worked fine until today. A lot of the songs in my playlist are no more synchronised. I tried to log off to resynch, and it synchronises only a few of my songs....

• Casual Listener
  • Hello I have a problem. I have a premium account, and a playlist with 163 songs Everything worked fine until today. A lot of the songs in my playlist are no more synchronised. I tried to lo...
  • Grace
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Iphone stops playing when display switches off

This seems new - it did not do this until yesterday. I tried to fix it - no success Who knows what to do please? Thanks, Uli

• Casual Listener
  • This seems new - it did not do this until yesterday.   I tried to fix it - no success   Who knows what to do please?   Thanks, Uli
  • kyoban
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Iphone 6

Hi,
I had spotify on my iPhone 5. When I changed to the iPhone 6 I reinstalled everything from my iTunes but now I can't access spotify
I have the app on my home screen but when I click on it it just times out.
I have tried deleting the app and reinsta...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,<br>I had spotify on my iPhone 5. When I changed to the iPhone 6 I reinstalled everything from my iTunes but now I can't access spotify<br>I have the app on my home screen but when I c...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Features for Audiobook

Hi, how can i bookmark the last point i was listening to? Thx & regards

• Hi,   how can i bookmark the last point i was listening to?   Thx & regards
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to recover music and photos on iPhone 5S

Hi, My music cache and photos were gone when I updated my iPhone 5S to iOS 8.1. It's almost a flash install and I lost everything on the iPhone. But i am more cared about the photos and music library both in my iPhone and Spotify. Any luck to got bac...

• Hi,   My music cache and photos were gone when I updated my iPhone 5S to iOS 8.1.  It's almost a flash install and I lost everything on the iPhone. But i am more cared about the photos ...
  • katieppt
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest version (1.8.0.2444) unusably slow on iPod Touch (IOS 6.1.6)

What has happened?! I was starting to get used to Spotify being a bit more reliable (although rarely as fast as I would like) but the latest update has made it almost completely unusable. I have been a Premium account holder for years, and may have r...

• Casual Listener
  • What has happened?! I was starting to get used to Spotify being a bit more reliable (although rarely as fast as I would like) but the latest update has made it almost completely unusable.   ...
  • gavindytham
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! New songs doesn't appear on iPhone

I added som new songs on my playlists on my computer, but they doesn't appear on my playlists on my phone.. Any solutions? I tried to reinstall the app, but i didn't work.Norwegian=bad english, but i hope you understand

• Casual Listener
  • I added som new songs on my playlists on my computer, but they doesn't appear on my playlists on my phone.. Any solutions? I tried to reinstall the app, but i didn't work. Norwegian=bad english, but...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes