Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Order of playlist on iPhone APP

Solved!

Order of playlist on iPhone APP

I'm still not able to order the saved playlist on my iPhone 5s to newest-oldest or something else. It's just ordered as A-Z and I find that annoying because I need to search for my new song and it's not just the 1st in the playlist.

Are you able to implement this again. I see threads that date to 2012 with the same sort question/issue.

You are telling us that this has been removed because of version 0.5.9, so it could be released sooner. There were bugs in this option then. But c'mon guys, this was years ago.

See Thread:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Can-t-reorder-songs-in-a-playlist-on...

Of course it's possible to re-order them one by one but I'm not going to do that with 400+ songs, that's madness.

Please support me with the thumbs up to re-introduce this in the Spotify APP on the iPhone.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've resolved the issue.

There was a bug in my playlist, I ordered all the songs from newest to oldest again and copy pasted them to a newly made playlist.

I've downloaded the playlist on my phone and now it sorts it as it's sorted on the PC.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I'm not necessarily sure if you mean reordering the songs in your playlist or reordering the playlists themselves.

If you are trying to reorder the playlist themselves, I'm not sure if you can do that in the iOS app, but I know you can drag and drop your playlists around in the desktop client and the change in order will be updated in your phone app.

If you are trying to reorder songs on your phone, all you need to do is hit the Edit button in the top right corner while in the playlist and drag and drop the songs into the order you want by dragging the icon with lines that appear on the right side of each song. I'm not aware of any way to organize the songs in your playlists by date added in the iOS app, but I know it's easy to do in the desktop client by simply clicking the Date Added tab while in your playlist. Let me know if that helps!

Thank you for you answer, I mean reordering the songs in my playlist on my iPhone.

I know that you can do this seperetaly only I don't want to re-order them manually, I just want to sort them the newest-oldest.

Newest oldest? Do you know that Spotify remembers the location of how music is ordered in the playlist? Some songs I like I usually move it to the top so I play them often...

You can order them like you could on the Desktop.. But ordering and sorting is coming via My Music..
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

It's odd to me that your Spotify automatically organizes songs in your playlists alphabetically. Spotify orders your playlist in the order you add songs to them...at least it does for me?

Marked as solution

I've resolved the issue.

There was a bug in my playlist, I ordered all the songs from newest to oldest again and copy pasted them to a newly made playlist.

I've downloaded the playlist on my phone and now it sorts it as it's sorted on the PC.

*SPOTIFY PEEPS*

We NEED the option to sort our custom Playlists by Date Added on the iPhone App!

Come on, enough people want it on here, and nobody wants to copy/paste new playlists, nor do we want to manually adjust the order.  

Just make it exactly like the Desktop version, where we can simply change the ascending/descending order, accoridng to the date each respective song was added to the playlist.

Thanks, still a loyal customer after 3 years.

Suggested posts