Premium

Country
United States

Device

(iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Pro 2018)

Operating System

(iOS 13.5)

My Question or Issue

When pausing Spotify, is does not always resume playback when trying to unpause. Whether I pause music using my AirPods or the controls on the lock screen, it seems that about 50% of the time the music will not resume when I press the play button or use my AirPods to resume playback. I then have to press the play/pause buttons several times before music will resume. This happens with both the beta and public release versions of the app. 

3 Replies

Hey there @Tdwp1985,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

If the play/pause button isn't working as expected on both your iPhone and iPad we'd suggest you first perform a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the Spotify app on each of the devices. This way you'll get a fresh version of our latest app with all of its updated functionalities and make sure you'll avoid issues with Spotify's playback features.

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall depending on the device in use.

In case this doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us a video recording showing the behavior you describe? Just attach the video to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. Make sure the recording doesn’t include any sensitive info such as payment or personal data. 

We'll look out for your reply.  

I've tried the first step multiple times including trying out the beta version of the app on both my iPhone and iPad, but that didn't fix the issue. I will try to reproduce the bug on video, but it happens intermittently so it might be difficult to catch. It seems to happen most when I pause with my AirPods, and then try to resume some time later using the AirPods again 

Hey @Tdwp1985,

Thanks for that - we'll be on the look-out for the video!

In the meantime, I was just wondering if you've noticed that the music resumes when you press any of the buttons on your phone (e.g. volume up/down)? This will help us get a better sense of what the issue you're experiencing is.

Cheers - keep us posted!

Suggested posts