Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pausing/Playing Kills Spotify and Launches Apple Music

Pausing/Playing Kills Spotify and Launches Apple Music

This bug has a few different moving parts but I've been able to recreate it very reliably.

I'm using:

• Spotify iOS App version 7.6.0.1136
  • Spotify Windows Client version 1.0.48.103.g15edf1ec
  • iPhone 7 with iOS 10.2.1
  • A pair of headphones with a play/pause button

I have Spotify Premium and use Spotify Connect pretty frequently to control what I'm listening to on my phone from my computer.

Here's how to recreate the bug:

1. Launch Spotify in iOS and begin listening to a song
  2. Launch the Windows client and see that the song is currently playing on the iPhone through Spotify Connect. The bar at the bottom is green.
  3. With the iPhone unlocked and the Spotify iOS app running in the foreground, clicking the play/pause button on the Windows client works correctly and controlls the music playing on the iPhone. 
  4. Lock the iPhone with Spotify still playing
  5. Click the pause button on the Windows client
  6. This should pause the music on the iPhone and immediately disconnect the Windows client from Spotify Conenct. The bar on the bottom will go from "Listening on Person's iPhone" to "Devices Avalible" and change from green to blue.
  7. Clicking on the Devices menu should show "Person's iPhone -- Unavalible for listening on"
  8. * This is the most important step * With the phone still locked, clicking play in the Windows client will play the music through the comptuer. Watch the iPhone's lock screen and you will notice the Spotify App crash. It will go from displaying the album art and controls to just the lock screen background.
  9. Using your headphone's controlls to play will not resume Spotify. It will actually launch Apple Music and play from your library. There is no way to get back to Spotify without unlocking your phone and launching the app.
0 Replies

Suggested posts