Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play <All Songs> button/link missing from folder with multiple albums on new iOS app

Play <All Songs> button/link missing from folder with multiple albums on new iOS app

Just downloaded v 8.1.0.623 and when I access my playlists -> folders the Play <All Songs> button is gone!

Now, there's no way to play ALL the songs in a folder/playlist. Instead, I have to play one album or playlist at the time rather than listening to all songs at once.

Given that I have daily long drives, this is terrible as I have to keep reaching for my phone to change playlist

23 Replies

The crazy thing is that the Desktop version still has this feature (which btw, I use every single day!)

Spotify, there's no reason why you'd remove this feature from the mobile app but leave it on the desktop one.

I talked to the support via twitter, their solution was "make a playlist with all the songs" effin geniuses!

Worst is, I love spotify and I've kept paying premium despite this issue, do you guys know if Apple Music has this same feature?

@eveluka wrote:

Worst is, I love spotify and I've kept paying premium despite this issue, do you guys know if Apple Music has this same feature?

No, they have folders for playlists but you can't shuffle tracks. Not a big deal IMHO but it was a useful feature.  

I created a folder called "by year" in which there are "2010's", "2000's", "1990's", etc. In "2010's" there are 10 playlists, one for each year.
There was a feature I liked when you were at the folder level, it was called "play all songs" and enabled you to play all the songs of the playlists located in the folder. It was great coz if I wanted to listen to 2010's or 1980's music it was very simple and efficient.

But the feature has gone, now I can only listen to my playlists by year. I'm very disappointed and upset you removed this feature.
Would be great if you put it back!

Actually I had Deezer for free with my phone provider, but I still paid for Spotify because it enabled me to do playlists folders and "play all songs" and was therefore more in line with the way I listen to music. Now that that feature is gone I may consider what the competitors have to offer.

Thanks

Antoine

Suggested posts