Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play <All Songs> button/link missing from folder with multiple albums on new iOS app

Play <All Songs> button/link missing from folder with multiple albums on new iOS app

Just downloaded v 8.1.0.623 and when I access my playlists -> folders the Play <All Songs> button is gone!

Now, there's no way to play ALL the songs in a folder/playlist. Instead, I have to play one album or playlist at the time rather than listening to all songs at once.

Given that I have daily long drives, this is terrible as I have to keep reaching for my phone to change playlist

23 Replies

Thanks for opening this because I have the exact same "problem".

I'm just writing this here to let Spotify know that I'm leaving the service over this. They just don't listen to their users and now patch useful functions away. For **bleep**s sake Spotify, what are you even doing?

Why did you have to remove this feature Spotify? Please, please add it back!

Please please put play all back, this is making me consider cancelling my premium account.

Agree.  I need this back or will have to quickly look at other options.

Another useful feature Spotify got rid of...

This is the stupidest move Spotify has made since that time they removed the ability to play all the songs in all your playlists. Maybe it is time to move to another service.

I've had it confirmed on Twitter by @SpotifyCares that this was an intentional removal of functionality and not a bug.

Absolutely ridiculous. Clearly an attempt to force people to use the radio and/or their own curated playlists.

Funny that it came from @SpotifyCares. It should be @SpotifyDoesntCare!

Also, I'd add that creating a "folder" with playlists/albums inside of it is a form of creating a playlist and much easier/faster at that too!

+1 -- this removes a key feature for me.  Please put it back.

I discovered this yesterday when I was in the car with my kids and went to randomize over their playlists (they each have one in a common folder) and discovered that the "all songs" entry in the lists of playlists was gone. I do something similar with my music with playlists in artist sub folders, the "all songs" entry made it so that I could randomize over all those artists. Now there's no way to randomize over multiple play lists as far as I can tell.

It's funny, I thought about switching to Apple Music when Spotify started making it difficult to side-load music that wasn't in their library, but playlist folders and "all songs" prevented me from doing so. Now I see little reason to stick with Spotify.

This is a dealbreaker for me, so I will take my money elsewhere even though I've had premium since 2010. Does anyone have any recommendations on alternative services which provides this or a similar feature?

How can we get organized to try to get Spotify to revert this back?

Does anyone have any ideas why they made the change? What's driving it?

It seems such a simple yet useful feature. I see no reason why they'd just remove it

I agree with everything in this post..SPOTIFY PUT IT BACK PLEASE!

This is just stupid.

That was the most used feature. Please put it back!

Just found this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Bring-Back-quot-Shuffle-All-quot-for-Playlist-Fol.... So it doesn't sound like the feature is coming back.

Well that's just stupid. I can't shuffle a playlist of 60 songs. It plays straight through from start to finish, and if I select shuffle while a song in the middle is playing, it reposts the entire playlist from the start to play again after that song once it's finished. Might have to invest in a computer and just use iTunes again to load my own music.

Yolys hernandez la pink

This was one of my favorite features. I don't understand the utility in minimizing user options.

Suggested posts