[Mobile] Bring Back "Shuffle All" for Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Hey folks, we appreciate your feedback around the removal of shuffling all songs in a playlist folder on mobile devices (you can still do this from your Spotify Desktop app).

We want to give you a bit more insight behind this decision. First, this feature had very low usage, and it took a lot of our resources to maintain.

Secondly, the teams behind playlists are looking at new ways to make them easier for you to manage. When we have more info around this we will definitely share it here in the Community.

We've passed all your feedback to the relevant teams. This status is still 'Not Right Now' but we'll continue to keep you updated on playlist changes here. Thanks everyone!

Related Ideas

Comments
Top Star
Top Star
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2017-03-08

Marked as new idea.

eworthing
Gig Goer

Another bad idea from Spotify. Remove a perfectly good, useful feature that power users loved. If you are going to remove this at least replace with the ability to queue full playlists. 

SandroQC
Garage Band

Why marked as new? It is a "bugfix". A feature that was working perfectly fine and they removed (intentionally or not)...

Shoeman
Roadie

This was the main reason I kept my premium subscription even with the ridiculous 3.333 download limit that no other service has. Hierarchical folders were a unique Spotify feature and essential to me. My whole library organization depends on that. Please bring it back, you have just killed the only differential Spotify still had.

rbunke
Regular

This was the primary way I listened to my music.  This really devalues the product.

sharkdad
Regular

Are you kidding me? It takes too many resources? Do it in the app then rather than server side, FFS. Losing features I depend on is INFURIATING. Why do I pay for this service..

onlinedave
Music Lover

Please bring back also the search function inside folders! 

tio10
Regular

To remove the option to play folders in the app completely destroys the way I'm using spotify. My whole system is built around folders. I have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours making spcecific artist-lists and other types of lists so I can add or remove enitre lists from my "play-folder". I can play for days without having to to touch the music lists themselves. This is the worst thing you removed so far. My spotify is shattered to pieces. Here, play 30 min there and 23 min here. No thanks! 

Bixente77
Regular

Did you use your app before removing shuffle

cause if you did you would'nt remove it

it's the only option that makes you better than the other apps 

please think about it 

Bixente77
Regular

What is the fonction of the folders if we can't shuffle the playlists inside ???