[Mobile] Bring Back "Shuffle All" for Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Hey folks, we appreciate your feedback around the removal of shuffling all songs in a playlist folder on mobile devices (you can still do this from your Spotify Desktop app).

We want to give you a bit more insight behind this decision. First, this feature had very low usage, and it took a lot of our resources to maintain.

Secondly, the teams behind playlists are looking at new ways to make them easier for you to manage. When we have more info around this we will definitely share it here in the Community.

We've passed all your feedback to the relevant teams. This status is still 'Not Right Now' but we'll continue to keep you updated on playlist changes here. Thanks everyone!

Related Ideas

Comments
chobble
Regular

Please bring back shuffle all songs in folders within a playlist for premium subscribers. Don't really see any benefit to removing this feature...Especially when you "shuffle" on an artist's page and it only shuffles a select amount of songs in their discography. Very lame.

Can't believe, while navigating through the community forums, how many people I saw complaining about the shuffle button...Here's an idea: don't hit it if you don't want to shuffle; problem solved. 

Bobby_Ewing
Concert Regular

this is the most stupid thing spotify ever has done

alexaz95
Regular

Really missing this feature too. Used it every day.

johnniewalker23
Festival Fanatic

Used this feature quite a bit. Why was it removed?

pigguts1888
Regular

Android users getting shafted again. Can't amend playlists on Android, and now we can't shuffle play all songs from a list? Why did that get removed? Ridiculous.

Top Star
Top Star
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2017-03-08

Marked as new idea.

eworthing
Music Lover

Another bad idea from Spotify. Remove a perfectly good, useful feature that power users loved. If you are going to remove this at least replace with the ability to queue full playlists. 

SandroBR
Garage Band

Why marked as new? It is a "bugfix". A feature that was working perfectly fine and they removed (intentionally or not)...

aj_from_nc
Music Fan

This is just plain dumb. I don't actually even believe that anybody consciously removed this in an app update...more like it just got completely lost in regression testing. I'm going to assume that's what happened, and I'm going to thank the Spotify app development team in advance for bringing this feature back in the next app update!  Thank you!!!

Shoeman
Roadie

This was the main reason I kept my premium subscription even with the ridiculous 3.333 download limit that no other service has. Hierarchical folders were a unique Spotify feature and essential to me. My whole library organization depends on that. Please bring it back, you have just killed the only differential Spotify still had.