Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing a song on a playlist queues a shuffled version of the playlist (Shuffle Button is Off)

Playing a song on a playlist queues a shuffled version of the playlist (Shuffle Button is Off)

Howdy,

After searching this forum I've read many similar issues however with no solution that has worked.

Few notes:
IOS (Apple iPhone)
I have Premium
The Shuffle button is not on (Yes I have quadrupled checked)
My queue has a shuffled version of the playlist I am currently playing however when they are removed they are readded again when I select any song on that playlist.
This does not happen on the PC

When I select the playlist from my PC and listen on my Iphone throught (Connect to a device) this issue does not happen.
This issue doesn't happen on Andriod.

Issue: 
I have ordered my playlist by Artist. I want to listen to the songs on the playlist in order of Artist.
When I select a song, the songs that come after it are logged in the queue HOWEVER they are "shuffled". I put this in quotation marks because everytime I select the song it will play the playlist in that exact shuffled order. 
To give an example,

Lets look at the Currents Album by Tame Impala,
Let it Happen is the first track on the album,
the second track on the album WHICH IS SHOWN correctly in ui is
Nangs. Naturally you'd expect that this song would be played next if id added it to my playlist. Instead, when Let it Happen finishes, the next track that plays will be a song from the end of the album (New Person, Same Old Mistakes) or even a song from the artists that is aphabetically before Tame Impala (as the artist filter is alphabetical). I have tried applying a few different filters (recently added ect) and this issue still persists.
As I mentioned in my notes, if select a different playlist (which does the same thing) and go back to my initial playlist and play the song again the queue will place the proceeding songs in the exact same shuffled order.
I read on a similar issue that you had to add all the songs in order in your queue to have it played that way. This idea seems ridiculous (queueing 250 songs) and in some senses, makes a playlist redundant. Also noting that this functionality works perfectly on Windows PC and Andriod (cannot confirm other platforms) makes me believe it should work on IOS.

This Issue is extremely fustrating and I am curious to see if this is the same issue others are having.

2 Replies

Hey @dariusb1!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Just to check, the playlist it's happening with contains multiple songs from the same artists/albums?

Keep us posted.

Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Hi Maria,

Yes I can confirm and in addition this issue happens with any playlist that has more than one Artist and/or Album in it. If I play the album from the artist directory I do not have this issue. Only in playlists does this issue occur.

Suggested posts