Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing spotify through bluetooth in my car.

Playing spotify through bluetooth in my car.

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 8 Plus running on iOS 12

My issue:

My car is a 2012 Toyota Camry SE. I tried to play spotify through my car's bluetooth. When I play through bluetooth, I don't hear any audio coming from the car's speakers. But if I turn up the volume on my phone using it's volume controls, then I can hear the audio playing through the car's speakers. Why is it doing that? Why do I have to rely on my phone's volume to hear the car's speakers? Is there a way to fix that?

5 Replies

Hey @nkmurthy.

Thanks for your question.

Just to confirm, are you saying that your car volume knob is unresponsive, and that you can only control the volume in your car through your phone when connected via Bluetooth?

Thanks - we'll be looking out for your reply.

Yes. The volume knob works fine but if I use it to change the volume nothing happens. I first have to turn up my phone volume to 100%. Only then I can adjust the volume in the car using the volume knob.

Hey @nkmurthy.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Just to confirm: if the volume is not turned up to 100%, does turning the volume up/down via your car volume knob work at all (ie do you hear any change in the volume), or is it only responsive when the volume is turned up to 100% on your phone?

Thanks - we'll be looking out for your reply 😉

When the music plays through my phone the volume knob works but it doesn’t seem to change the volume too much. If I put the phone volume too low, then I have to turn up the volume knob in my car all the way up to hear anything. If I put the phone volume all the way up, then I usually keep the max volume of my car at say 6 or 7.

Hey @nkmurthy.

Thanks for clarifying that. What you've described seems to be expected behaviour.

In order to be able to listen to Spotify, or indeed any audio, from your phone on your car's audio system, you'll need to have your phone's volume level turned up. So, if you have your volume set to 0% on your phone, then you won't be able to hear anything on your car's system either, even if it's turned up to max on your car.

We suggest that you turn up the volume on your phone to the highest possible level when connecting it to your car, and then regulating the volume via your car.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

Suggested posts