Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Keeping downloaded music over a month

I have spotify premium on an iphone. I've heard that if you don't connect to internet for a month, your downloaded music deletes. I'm going to be living in the mountains for 2.5 months. I won't be able to connect my phone to internet, but still payin...

• I have spotify premium on an iphone. I've heard that if you don't connect to internet for a month, your downloaded music deletes. I'm going to be living in the mountains for 2.5 months. I won't ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

how to get the new ui?

So beacuse my phones storage was full, i had to delete spotify beacuse it stopped playing offline. So when i reinstalled it and re downloaded my playlist. I saw i had the realy old UI design again, and i dont like it beacuse i was used to the new one...

• Casual Listener
  • So beacuse my phones storage was full, i had to delete spotify beacuse it stopped playing offline. So when i reinstalled it and re downloaded my playlist. I saw i had the realy old UI design again, a...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify won't work with restrictions

I don't allow my kids to have safari on their devices and spotify used to work fine. Now with the latest update, spotify won't work unless safari is enabled. Is there a way around this?? So frustrating!

• Regular
  • I don't allow my kids to have safari on their devices and spotify used to work fine. Now with the latest update, spotify won't work unless safari is enabled. Is there a way around this?? So frustrati...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Trouble staying connected to Android TV from iPhone

I have an iPhone and Sony Android TV. I've never had this issue before, but in the past few weeks I am having trouble staying connected to my android TV spotify app. I can connect to the TV w/ the 'Connect to a device', however, I notice that if I do...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone and Sony Android TV. I've never had this issue before, but in the past few weeks I am having trouble staying connected to my android TV spotify app. I can connect to the TV w/ the 'C...
  • katiex73
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "blue" shuffle button

PlanFree/PremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceIphone 6Operating System My Question or Issue Can someone please tell me why the shuffle button is showing up in a blue color instead of green on my iphone and I am unable to turn it off? (see attached photos)

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Australia Device Iphone 6 Operating System     My Question or Issue   Can someone please tell me why the shuffle button is showing up in a blue col...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution All filled up but I only have 9,100 songs saved.

I have Spotify premium and currently have 9,100 songs saved but am receiving the all filled up error message. Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Regular
  • I have Spotify premium and currently have 9,100 songs saved but am receiving the all filled up error message. Any help is greatly appreciated!
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Remote volume controle - spotify connect - let's get this solved!

How can this still not be solved..?!Play/paus/skip track flows like a charm between various devices regardless of make.Volume controle on remote device is appearently impossible to solve, and nowere is good information on why to be found.It takes mor...

• Casual Listener
  • How can this still not be solved..?! Play/paus/skip track flows like a charm between various devices regardless of make. Volume controle on remote device is appearently impossible to solve, and now...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Remote control
    remote controle
    Spotify Connect Volume Control
    Volume Levels
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution New User Experience - TERRIBLE!

After 3 chat sessions, I finally figured out what's happening with my wife's user interface. And it's even worse than I thought - it's going to propogate to all of us at some point soon!The "new user experience" is horrible. If I want to play John Ma...

• Music Fan
  • After 3 chat sessions, I finally figured out what's happening with my wife's user interface.  And it's even worse than I thought - it's going to propogate to all of us at some point soon! The "...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Awful 2019 Update

Please can someone please get back to me about what is going on with this new update, all of my recent downloaded songs have disappeared, I can only see a selection of my artists, there is no longer an option to listen to all of my songs on one big p...

• Please can someone please get back to me about what is going on with this new update, all of my recent downloaded songs have disappeared, I can only see a selection of my artists, there is no longer ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify on Alexa won’t work?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 12.3 My Question or IssueWhen I try to link my Spotify account to my EchoDot via the Alexa App, it doesn’t seem to work. I can link it with every other music service EXCEPT Spotify, and I’m unab...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 12.3   My Question or Issue When I try to link my Spotify account to my EchoDot via the Alexa App, it doesn’t seem to wor...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't get premium

So I created a free account on iPhone.Upgraded to premium.Premium works on the laptop but not on iPhone.So I uninstalled app on the iPhoneReinstalledNo joyI can go to the main Spotify webpage on iPhone and it asks if I want to listen via the app.I sa...

• Casual Listener
  • So I created a free account on iPhone. Upgraded to premium. Premium works on the laptop but not on iPhone. So I uninstalled app on the iPhone Reinstalled No joy I can go to the main Spotify web...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Follow Artists not working

I have a Premium account which i mostly access through my ipad.I currently follow over 1000 artists but every time I click follow on a new artist it initially changes to ‘following’, however when I log out and go back in and look through my artist li...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Premium account which i mostly access through my ipad. I currently follow over 1000 artists but every time I click follow on a new artist it initially changes to ‘following’, however when I...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes

Personal playlist

PlanPremium Device(iPhone My Question or IssueSpotify won’t play my playlist. I will click the first song and it will play but then every song after that will be random. What is the point of creating a playlist? I disabled the autoplay thing too like...

•   Plan Premium   Device (iPhone 😎     My Question or Issue Spotify won’t play my playlist. I will click the first song and it will play but then every song after that wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify dont play the music i have downloaded.

Hello Spotify community.I've downloaded many songs and I always listening to them in offline mode. For a week only certain songs available and 90% of the songs are not anymore, I have already made myself logged out and again logged in still not worki...

• Hello Spotify community. I've downloaded many songs and I always listening to them in offline mode. For a week only certain songs available  and 90% of the songs are not anymore, I have already...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes on opening

PremiumiPhone 6s PlusI have the latest version of the app.The app shows the normal opening screen (only the logo), but crashes shortly after. I have restarted my phone twice and offloaded and reloaded the app.I can use spotify on my other devices.

• Premium iPhone 6s Plus I have the latest version of the app. The app shows the normal opening screen (only the logo), but crashes shortly after. I have restarted my phone twice and offloaded and r...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Older versions of Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUkDevice(iPod touchOperating System5.1.1 My Question or IssueI recently had to reset my iPod touch and so delete Spotify from the device. I now find I cannot reinstall it as it is not supported by devices running earlier than versio...

• Plan Premium Country Uk Device (iPod touch Operating System 5.1.1   My Question or Issue I recently had to reset my iPod touch and so delete Spotify from the device. I now find I canno...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playing song not on playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhoneOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueI have Spotify premium and all of the sudden it no longer plays my playlists. I’ll put it on just like I used to with free Spotify and it starts playing songs not on my playli...

•   Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue I have Spotify premium and all of the sudden it no longer plays my playlists. I’ll put it o...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile] Search is case-sensitive for downloaded Cyrillic titles

DeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 12.1.4 Searching songs with Cyrillic letters (e.g. Russian) does not discard their case. In other words, it is case-sensitive. For example, my playlist has a song titled "Ты или Я". When I search for lowercase "ты",...

• Music Fan
  • Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 12.1.4   Searching songs with Cyrillic letters (e.g. Russian) does not discard their case. In other words, it is case-sensitive. For example, my playli...
  • commnderjameson
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Persistent random results - WHY ?

Spotify dudes why are you doing this ?let me show how low you dropped ...This is my "non erasable" ...still play list ...attempt 1:http://42i.eu/abeb0718.pngNice ..right ...Press "randomize" ...we get list:http://42i.eu/d7c158ba.pngPress again "rando...

• Regular
  • Spotify dudes why are you doing this ? let me show how low you dropped ... This is my "non erasable" ...still play list ... attempt 1: http://42i.eu/abeb0718.png Nice ..right ... Press "rando...
  • ostapski
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS / library / albums: Plays unliked songs?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueI "like" an entire album (which I gather adds it to my Library), then I "unlike" certain songs on that album which I do not want to be played back in the future. However ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue I "like" an entire album (which I gather adds it to my Library), then I "unlike" certain songs...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes