Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Read music from library by default

So,when the playbak is set to online, the iOS spotify app is trying to load the data from a saved album from the internet first.In case the connection is lost or crappy the request will failed and the album will not be displayed even though it is rig...

• So, when the playbak is set to online, the iOS spotify app is trying to load the data from a saved album from the internet first. In case the connection is lost or crappy the request will failed an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

how can i view the number of songs in a playlist?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Problemas with podcasts

PlanPremiumCountryCosta RicaDevice(iPhone 8Operating System(iOS 10 My Question or IssueMany of the episodes from the program “el rincón de la espiritualidad” are not shown and cannot be played. This is the link of the program:https://open.spotify.com...

• Plan Premium Country Costa Rica Device (iPhone 8 Operating System (iOS 10   My Question or Issue Many of the episodes from the program “el rincón de la espiritualidad” are not shown an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily mix doesn’t change

It’s been more then a month and non of my Daily Mixes chaged... I’ve logged out and back in, deleted and re-downloaded the app and nothing helped. On Windows desktop the app works well. I use Spotify mostly on the road and without new mix every day i...

• Casual Listener
  • It’s been more then a month and non of my Daily Mixes chaged... I’ve logged out and back in, deleted and re-downloaded the app and nothing helped. On Windows desktop the app works well.  I use ...
  • Sonicman
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New update- why can't I listen to only the songs I saved from an artist?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS My Question or IssueThis update has made searching for songs on the fly just about impossible. I am used to pulling up artists in my library that contains JUST the songs I saved from that artist...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue This update has made searching for songs on the fly just about impossible. I am used to pulling up...
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes

Playing albums on mobile stops without finishing all songs

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueAny time I try playing an album, it will stop playing after a few songs, especially if it’s a short album. The app will refuse to play the same album again unless I switc...

• Plan Free Country USA Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue Any time I try playing an album, it will stop playing after a few songs, especially if it’s a ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot play music on my iPod in offline mode

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[IOS] Queue does not display correctly on iPhone

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.2 running Spotify v8.5.7.601 My Question or IssueThe same one I asked about around a year ago, here. tl;dr- When looking at my queue on my phone, the last song in the queue is complete...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Family Country USA   Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.2 running Spotify v8.5.7.601   My Question or Issue The same one I asked about around a year ago, here. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why was any of this necessary?

Why can't Spotify just leave well enough alone? The old layout was perfect. Now when i go to my artists, only like a dozen of my hundreds of artists are actually saved and the little bar on the side where you could skip from letter to letter isn't th...

• Why can't Spotify just leave well enough alone? The old layout was perfect. Now when i go to my artists, only like a dozen of my hundreds of artists are actually saved and the little bar on the side ...
  • dzd5182
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 12 likes

Scroll bar for artists is gone/ terrible UI changes

Hi,There has been a huge layout change in the spotify app (without updating the app).I can't scroll through my artists via the first letter anymore! On saturday, I used to have this bar on the right, where you touch on B and the app scrolls to the ar...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, There has been a huge layout change in the spotify app (without updating the app). I can't scroll through my artists via the first letter anymore! On saturday, I used to have this bar on the ri...
  • condemidavide94
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 11 likes

Cannot download music even after removing all offline devices, and reinstalling app on phone.

PlanPremiumCountryUS Deviceiphone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or Issue:I am getting the "epic collection" error and unable to download music on my phone. However, I removed all my offline devices (there were only 5, which is supposedly th...

• Plan Premium Country US   Device iphone 8 Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue: I am getting the "epic collection" error and unable to download music on my phone. H...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Download limit
    epic collection
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Regarding the UI update

Now I have been using Spotify for maybe around 4 months now, and have really been enjoying it. Very smooth and easy to get around... until a couple of days ago. I’ll get straight to the point: I highly dislike the new interface on mobile. I can’t see...

• Casual Listener
  • Now I have been using Spotify for maybe around 4 months now, and have really been enjoying it. Very smooth and easy to get around... until a couple of days ago. I’ll get straight to the point: I high...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

[Podcast] “Arc/Season” Separation?

Got a message from a new listener to my show: “Hey guys, new fan and love the podcast. I primarily listen on Spotify but it's hard to follow a specific story line. Is it possible to organize these into individual story lines, similar to the way other...

• Got a message from a new listener to my show:   “Hey guys, new fan and love the podcast. I primarily listen on Spotify but it's hard to follow a specific story line. Is it possible to organize...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

delete from recently played list

Since the new update, I’m unable to delete from the recently played list. The option is no longer there. Please fix this as I use it frequently. PremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceiPhone 7Operating System(iOS 12.2) My Question or Issue

• Since the new update, I’m unable to delete from the recently played list. The option is no longer there. Please fix this as I use it frequently.    Premium Country United Kingdom Devic...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Songs won‘t play to the end

Hello, I’m a Premium user and when I start playing songs, none of them play till the end!! They stop 10 or like 15 seconds before the end and Spotify starts the new song after a little break!! I would be pretty happy if someone could help me Thank yo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I’m a Premium user and when I start playing songs, none of them play till the end!! They stop 10 or like 15 seconds before the end and Spotify starts the new song after a little break!!&n...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Bring back Lyrics

PlanPremiumCountryUnited Kingdom DeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueCould lyrics be added because why tf not? Apple Music has the feature so why does Spotify not? I think it would be a great addition because you can actually und...

•   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom  Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue Could lyrics be added because why tf not? Apple Music has the feature s...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • lyrics
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HELP

PremiumCountry : Singapore DeviceiPhone 8+Operating SystemIOS 12.3.2 Hi, I downloaded all my songs to hear it offline without having to on my 4G but suddenly since yesterday I couldn’t play my songs without having to on 4G . I thought it was my stora...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Country : Singapore   Device iPhone 8+ Operating System IOS 12.3.2   Hi, I downloaded all my songs to hear it offline without having to on my 4G but suddenly since yesterday...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Song suddenly advances and skips

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevice(iPhone Operating System(iOS 12.3.1) My Question or IssueI was listening to a song when suddenly it advances 15 seconds, and then keeps on changing onto different songs. Since I was on a bus, there’s no way another de...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 12.3.1)   My Question or Issue I was listening to a song when suddenly it advances 15 seconds, and then keeps on ...
  • Sofiia
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Songs

So i have spotify premium and ofcourse i download , specific , songs to listen to offline. But sometimes songs that i didn’t add to my library but are in the same album where i did download some songs of are getting downloaded. And it’s hard for me t...

• So i have spotify premium and ofcourse i download , specific , songs to listen to offline. But sometimes songs that i didn’t add to my library but are in the same album where i did download some song...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Feedback on new Library design

I’m not liking the new library design at all. I preferred the previous design where the list of all my “recently played” albums were the predominant thing seen in the library. Now “recently played” is not in the library at all. And I know what you’re...

• I’m not liking the new library design at all. I preferred the previous design where the list of all my “recently played” albums were the predominant thing seen in the library. Now “recently played” i...
  • Deadjim
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes