Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing via Bluetooth in car (BMW) meta data is working for first track only

Solved!

Playing via Bluetooth in car (BMW) meta data is working for first track only

This thread originates from , which is a different problem. 

As cgrex described it perfectly, the problem is still present, even with all components updated to newest versions.

"When playing via Bluetooth to car, only the first track artwork and track details are displayed. These remain on screen even when skipping tracks."

I testet this in my car, a BMW 520d (F11) with software version 2.39 (UPD05062). My iPhone 6 (iOS 8.1.2) has the latest Spotify app (2.2.0.2464).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The BMW  software update can be found here:

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/connected_drive_services/mobile_devices/bluetooth_software_update.h...

UPD05062 (23.1 MB) Update for vehicles with production date from March 2014 to present

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I couldn't update my iDrive because my car F30 328i is from Early 2014 and the newest software didn't fix this Bluetooth Spotify issue. But recently, Spotify released a new version for IOS for my Iphone 6s Plus Spotify and the problem is now fixed with this version 8.0.0.529.

View solution in original post

45 Replies

Is there going to be a fix?

They've traditionally been fairly tight-lipped about this stuff. If either this problem is fixed or the various problems with the connecteddrive integration are fixed, I'll sign up for Premium. Right now the experience is a little subpar in the car and I can't get to the things I want to play.

I just switched from deezer which had great Bluetooth streaning integration to spotify and having the exact same problems. I usually use the streaming as it is much more convient than launching the BMW connect app which itself isn't that great and launching spotify. The bluetooth streaming issue needs to be sorted!!!

Uh! Deezer works!

And I like the iOS app. So I will try them instead, sorry to go Spotify. Maybe you answer when it will be fixed?

I switched to Deezer which seems a little nicer than Spotify in many ways and it works perfectly in my 2014 550i streaming over Bluetooth. 

I have both now but will switch to the free version of Spotify and than decide. 

Spotify works fine in my Ford showing metatag (my Ford not capable of Album Art)

Any progress on this fix?? The Bluetooth approach remains the best for me as well. Connected drive not working better menus missing and need to plus cable every time....

I have the same issue - the first track artwork and track details ONLY are displayed.  In addition, I am not able to switch tracks using the BMW controls (I could with Rdio) - forward and backward.  So frustrating!  I prefer Spotify over Rdio, but most often listen to Spotify/Rdio in my car.  This is definitely a deal breaker.  

Spotify - when will this be fixed????

I am able to switch forward using the BMW controls. I don't believe you can go backwards when in "radio" mode of Spotify. I haven't tried plugging it directly into the USB port because BMW forces you to stay in the app and not use the iPhone for anything else when connected. I think the latest update supposedly will allow you to do that but I haven't had a chance to test it. 

@hrobnett wrote:

I am not able to switch tracks using the BMW controls (I could with Rdio) - forward and backward.  

Spotify - when will this be fixed????

If you update your connect software on BMW site the Bluetooth will work PERFECT!! Takes like 5 minutes with a USB drive. I did and mine is working great and the quality is better also.

Hi, could you share what software version you have? 

I am with MN2.45.1 and still see only 1st track ;-(

Same phone works pretty well in other cars... Audi or mini.

Marked as solution

The BMW  software update can be found here:

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/connected_drive_services/mobile_devices/bluetooth_software_update.h...

UPD05062 (23.1 MB) Update for vehicles with production date from March 2014 to present

Thanks - I will give it a go

Hi James6918,

many thanks for the links, however my car seems to have a newer release
than the one available from the BMW download center... MN 002.045.001 so I
called the "BMW Genius" guy at the dealer I got the car from and he told me
keep me posted if you find a solution ;-(

BTW - I rented a new mini a few weeks ago and it worked like a charm 😉

I have followed the instructions on this thread and updated my software, but still get the album artwork of the first track only..

Will see if other issues have been resolved, namely frequent freezing when "unknown artist" appears on my idrive screen.

Same with me. Updated software installed with no problems but it could be because I am using an iPhone 6 which isn't on the list. I know the OS is the same as what is on the 5's but it is the obvious problem

Not sure what your problem is, I'm on a iPhone 6 plus works perfect in my MINI updated the software from BMW connect site. : (

Same here, iPhone 6, latest iOS and latest BMW software. I can stream Bluetooth and over usb with album art and titles changing correctly. Also the latest spotify app saves your playing track and picks up where you left off correctly if you interrupt and get out of your car. I think they deserve credit for fixing these issues for most people!

Not sure why it doesn't want to work on mine! The software on my 4 series will be the same as what is on most people's i'd assume. It's due for its first service shortly so will see if bmw can sort of for me

I updated the software on my 2014 BMW 550i and it still only shows the artwork from the first song being played when streaming over Bluetooth.
I have an iPhone 6 plus.
Infor on the system shows:
TN-002.039.062
MN-002.039.060

Suggested posts