Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist folders stuck in deleted playlist folders

Playlist folders stuck in deleted playlist folders

Hello.  After the latest iPhone update all of my Playlist Folders (arranged by artists' names)a were moved inside of other Playlist Folders. The only recurring theme is the folders housing folders beneath them (alphabetically) are folders I deleted at one time or another. So instead of a long list of Playlist Folders, I have a short one that stops at Angus Stone (a folder I deleted some time back) and within that folder is the next set of Playlist Folders until Athlete (again, deleted folder from months back) and again the next string of artists until Chequerboard. You get the idea. My Playlist Folders and arrangement look and function fine on the iPad and my laptop. Any idea what is going on? I have, of course, tried deleting the app, restarting the iPhone, and clearing the memory associated with Spotify to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

13 Replies

The same issue is happening to me on my iPhone and iPad after the update. 

You are not alone with this problem. A new update immeditely, please.

Same here on iPhone 4.

Same issue here too!

It would be nice if someone from the Spotify community would address or even acknowledge this issue. I sent a message to their support team over 48 hours ago and haven't heard a thing. I understand problems arise with programs, but if I'm paying a company for a service I expect them to at least acknowledge the problem when I contact them.

very much agree with you. If you are runnnig a store, the customers are essential for the business - and the service are the same.... Where are you Spotify. Hiding somewhere?

Most of my lists were moved into a iTunes Imports folder. Very strange.

Same thing has happened to me.  A bunch of my playlists were put into an iTunes folder... Is there a fix for this???

I have the same problem. My playlist suddenly moved inside one of my old deleted folders after I deleted one other folder from my iphone. The playlist is ok on my pc, but on my iphone and ipad it has this strange behavior. Please fix this soon Spotify!!

I have the same problem. I assumed it had something to do with not having power or Internet for 2 weeks due to,the 2 storms we suffered here in NY. Now that I'm reading so many other people who are having the same problem I realiz it is Spotify's problem.  Al of my playlists and folders are intact on my PC. On my mobile devices they have been moved to 1 gigantic folder with 18,000 songs inside. In this folder are all playlists and folders.  As someone else said the playlists have been bunched together into previously deleted folders and playlists. When I try to delete playlists the app keeps crashing and I need to restart it.

Does anyone know what's happening and has anyone heard from Spotify on how to,correct this? I pay for a "premium" account and it just doesn't feel so premium when the company doesn't even respond to acknowledge the problem. 

Guys, tip to get your playlists back on iOS devices running iOS 5 and above: you can install the spotify for ios4 app. It runs Ok and my playlists are in the proper order

I found a solution, it works, but it does not seem to be an optimal solution.

I moved the playlistsfolders that was moved inside the "deleted" playlistfolder with my PC. Here the deleted playlist folder is not visible, and everything looks normal. I moved the affected playlistfolder in an other order, and then they were moved out of the deleted playlistfolder on my iphone.

During this operation some playlistfolders were moved into other folders on my iphone and making a new mess, but I continued until everything was back to normal.

I can also mention that this fist happened on my iphone 4, and when I got a ipad mini the same playlist mess was present there. Now I got a iphone 5 and with the same result. When I finally did the moving of playlistfolders today, my iphone spotify was fixed. I need to check my ipad when I get home, but I expect the same result there.

Suggested posts