Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist not updating, but I don't think its a server error.

Playlist not updating, but I don't think its a server error.

Okay so I just recently got spotify and whenever I add music to my playlists on my computer, they are not

connecting with my phone playlists so my phone is never updated. I have read a lot about "playlist server errors"

but my brother has spotify on his phone as well and it is updating perfectly fine. I am just curious if there

is a way to fix this, thanks a lot!

Aaron

1 Reply

@aaronbsox wrote:

Okay so I just recently got spotify and whenever I add music to my playlists on my computer, they are not

connecting with my phone playlists so my phone is never updated. I have read a lot about "playlist server errors"

but my brother has spotify on his phone as well and it is updating perfectly fine. I am just curious if there

is a way to fix this, thanks a lot!

Aaron

Hey 🙂

Can you try copying the tracks from a playlist that is not working, into a new playlist on your computer, copying a maximum of 331 tracks at a time? There appears to be an issue with playlist synching on the desktop client with the Spotify servers when you go over that limit. It has been reported as an issue internally by Spotify and has been fixed in v0.9.1.x of the desktop client which is currently making its way out across the Spotify network so it should make it to you shortly!

I would suggest you try copying them over in batches of 100 and see how that goes!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts