Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist only play 30 second clips

Playlist only play 30 second clips

FED0B2B1-A2B1-4987-B082-217C77C44751.png

72139453-53DE-4B56-A60F-26436082D127.png

I go to open my playlist and no playlist shows up just a discription of what is in the play list and only way to actually see the playlist is the tap add songs and from there you can only hear 30 seconds of the song. 

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

11 Replies

9AB35E29-1579-4DC1-BBDA-92F37451D0B5.png

Only plays a clip from here

same with me any idea

Hello @Njineer

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

As a Free user, you won't be able to play music on demand. The short clips are just previews of songs. To listen to a whole playlist, you need to tap the green SHUFFLE PLAY button. 

Since you @NANA12 haven't posted any screenshots, I'm not able to determine if you're using Spotify Free, but if you're experiencing the same thing, it's very likely. 

Pick and play on mobile is available only for Premium users. However, it's available on selected playlists for Free users as well, there will be no shuffle symbol next to the title of the playlist. That means, you can choose a song you want to play and you have unlimited skips. 

You can still play on-demand using e.g. desktop, even without Premium Subscription.

If you wan't to see the comparison of different Premium plans offered by Spotify, make sure to check out this support article

More detail on how Spotify Free works on mobile can be found here

Hope this shed some light!

110B6F8F-6298-463B-A667-D406CEA20FEC.png

When you said only premium member can pick and play, I wasn’t always like that because I remember I didn’t have premium and I could pick and play whenever i wanted. However when I connect my phone to my playstation to play spotify it works normally like I am a premium member. But when im not connected to my playstation via my phone, it always shows like this:

Do you know how to fix this? i just want it to show normally, and when I push the play button on the song it only plays like 15 second segment ☹️ And im really sad because I had so much songs and playlists that i sorted

Hi there @Anthony268,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

We can confirm that this is expected behavior on the mobile phone if you're using our free version.

We hope that this cleared things up for you.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Everybody is complaining about same problem. YOU CANT PLAY TRACKS YOU CHOOSE. THEYRE CHOSEN FOR YOU!!!!

HOW MAD IS THAT.  THEN IF U CHOOSE A SONG IT PLAYS ADVERTS THEN 20 SECS OF SONG.  I used to use it at parties but it's useless now.  I'm going to a different platform even though I've spent years devising playlists that I can't play any more.  Complete nightmare for all your very loyal (ex) users.

Spotify on my android phone literally changed overnight. I could open my playlist, click on a song and the whole song played followed by shuffled songs. Now to see songs in my playlist I have to select Edit Playlist. When I select a song, it only plays a few seconds.

Other buttons are missing, like view queue, shuffle button, everything is different. Why was this changed? It was great, now not so much.

Hey folks!

Play on demand on mobile is part of the Premium subscription. 
Premium allows full control over the queue and playback as a whole, without any restrictions.

There's a select number of playlists that can be played on demand for free users, but they automatically change from time to time. Those of you who have Spotify free are getting the experience described in this thread and this is, at least for the time being, intended app behaviour. 

Let us know if any additional questions arise 🙂
Thanks!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Always advocated for Spotify and even had a premium membership for ages, I have no problem renewing this since I do enjoy the app. 

HOWEVER, my memerships ran out for a month or so and out of laziness I used the free version for a bit since I didn’t remember it being too bad. 

BUT, this new update is actually disgusting for free users, the algorithm has become lazy, you can’t pick which song you want to play 💀 and the ads are certainly not at 30 minute intervals. The ads pop up almost every other song and on top of that I can’t even pick which song I want to listen to ? You’ll don’t even pay artists adequately. Quite the exploitative and **bleep** up way to run your business both towards artists and towards the average listener. Switching to Apple Music as I’m sure a lot of other users will too. 

All you need to do is play shuffle. You won't be able to pick and play but you hear a song in your liked playlist fully. 🙂 

It's not the best but it's better than 10 seconds 

im on spotify desktop, and it does this same thing. logging into a different account fixed this for some reason, but I cant use my main account. any way to fix this?

Suggested posts