Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist plays offline then tracks grey out later

Playlist plays offline then tracks grey out later

I can play a certain playlist offline perfectly when I first connect my ITouch to Spotify in my car when I leave home. Recently, though, when I try to reconnect in my car later, only certain songs on the list are "active." The rest are greyed out. The active songs are no older than the greyed out ones and all of the songs have synced and played before, both when I first connect and every time after. I have lots of storage left, so that's not the issue. And other lists are fine. It's my largest list set to play offline, but I'm nowhere near the limit, either. There are only 366 songs in that one, and the others are a fraction of that. And there are only three set for offline play.

What gives?

5 Replies

Do they still show the green downloaded arrow when they are greyed out?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey @muharana and welcome to the community!

Which songs are you talking about? Can you name us one or two of them? It might be that they're no longer on Spotify available (/in your country). Are you able to listen to them on your desktop app?

Let me explain again. They play when I leave home. Then, later in the day, they don't play. So they're there, they just suddenly become unavailable after playing beautifully at first. I can also play them on my PC, when I'm online, without any problems. So they're still available. That's not the problem. And there are dozens of them, not just one or two, some of them very current, some older.

No. The arrow is greyed out, too.I have also noticed that the green download arrow on my desktop version of Spotify is greyed out for that playlist. It's the only list supposedly available for offline use that has a greyed out download arrow.. The three others are not greyed out that way, and all of the tracks on those lists play just fine.

@Peter wrote:
Do they still show the green downloaded arrow when they are greyed out?

Strange, could you let us know what version of iOS and Spotify you are using?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts