Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists Invisible After Update to 0.5.8

Solved!

Playlists Invisible After Update to 0.5.8

After I updated the Spotify app on my iPhone and iPad yesterday to 0.5.8, my custom playlists no longer show up in the app. Album playlists are still there, but any playlists that I put together myself are gone and I can't get them to show back up.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

UPDATE: I've now figured out that all of my playlists have been put inside the "iTunes" folder where iTunes playlists are usually guess (I'm assuming). I do not use iTune playlists.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Same problem here, almost all of my playlists can be found in my iTunes folder on my iPhone after the latest update... aarrghhh

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

UPDATE: I've now figured out that all of my playlists have been put inside the "iTunes" folder where iTunes playlists are usually guess (I'm assuming). I do not use iTune playlists.

Exact same thing here. 

The same thing has happened to me, cant find my playlists anywhere on my phone. iPhone 4s on iOS 6. If i log in to my computer i can use them. Any ideas or fixed??
Marked as solution

Same problem here, almost all of my playlists can be found in my iTunes folder on my iPhone after the latest update... aarrghhh

Spotify has done nothing to announce a problem. It really is lame for a service that takes our money each month... I cannot trust spotify anymore to hold my music.  At least itunes allows for back ups and restores in these instances.... sort it out spotify

I found my playlists, they where under SpotOn radio folder?? Really strange, and still no response by Spotify officials

I am always suspicious of companies that charge you money but don't have telephone helplines. Spotify can rest peacefully until apple wake up to be the competition in streaming.

The exact same thing happened to me today. All but two of my playlists disappeared off my phone out of no where after I updated. All my playlists are still in tact on my computer and I spent forever resynching them (since I didn't know what else to do). After reading this forum, I found them in my iTunes playlist folder--Don't be deceived, y'all, they were all under a folder that said 0 Tracks....

I'm relieved they didn't vanish completely, but now they're all jumbled up in this random folder together and it's agitating. Especially after the minor panic attack I had trying to figure out what on earth happened!

I did get a response from Spotify. They have no idea what has gone wrong. At one point they suggested changing my Fb password. The reason? Someone must have deleted my playlists. Their knowledge is awful they hold a strong place in the market that the moment but once Apple get their system running they will suffer I am sure. I had to resync hundreds of tracks to the device that weren't available offline after the update. Poor show from a company that's too scared to open its phone lines.

Same problem here, my SpotON Radio folder contains SpotON Radio folders that contains SpotON Radio folders and so on (4 folders deep) with my different playlists in these different SpotON Radio folders, would really appriciate a fix for this as well or suggestions how to move the playlist back to the "root" folder like it was before.

I found going back to the desktop version allows you to drag and drop folders into different places. I don't believe you can do that in the iPhone app.

Suggested posts