Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists by Genre and mood n IPAD

Playlists by Genre and mood n IPAD

This could be a dumb question, but...

On my Android phone the browse feature brings up pre set play lists by Genre.and Mood

On my IPAD they aren't there . I thought they used to be there but I cant see them now. How do i get back to them on the IPAD ?

I can search all the worlds music but not access those genre playlists. the only playlists are those on my own system. 

I've tried uninstaling and re installing spotify.

Version is 0.7.2.26

Ipad is still running IOS 5.1.1

Is it a feature which spotify have removed ?  Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

Note This is a repost of previous message which was mistakenly posted in webplayer .

5 Replies

Hey @Hollean do you have a screenshot (press the home and power button simultaneously) ? I see that your iOS version is on 5.1.1, any possibility to upgrade to iOS 6 or 7?
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Hi Jeremy

As suggested, I've updated the Ipad to IOS7.1.2 but it's made no difference.

On the Android phone there is a menu  symbol (three horizontal bars)  which enables me to toggle between browsing my music or browsing spotify.

When I'm on spotify I can see top lists , and suggested playlists by Genre and Mood

On the IPAD i just see my music and can't get to the place where I see suggested playlists by mood

I can search "all of the worlds music, including playlists" and get to any of those suggested play lists, if I know what it is called.But thats not much use if you don't know what it is called and are just looking for inspiration

The playlist function on the IPAD just shows playlists of my music.

So to describe the screen, on the vertical left bar i see

Search

Whats new

Inbox

Radio

Playlists

Friends

Have they dropped the genre and mood feature on the IPAD ? It was there in earlier versions.

Thanks for any suggestions

Andy

@Hollean Delete your iPad app and follow the steps below and it'll be okay:

Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app.

You're having this problem because you're using the older version of the Spotify App and you'll need to download the new version from the App Store.

I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Hi Jeremy

I logged the same question with spotify support and received the answer that they have dropped the playlist by genre feature from the latest release of spotify for the IPAD.

Thats a real shame because its' really useful. It's all very well being able to search and play all the music in the world but sometimes you just need some inspiration. If you don't know what you are looking for what term do you put in the search box ?

A step backwards in my opinion.

Andy

@Hollean The new Spotify has browse, which have playlist for every genre and every moment, go check it out!
I'm here to shuffle!

Suggested posts