Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please bring back new music notifications

Please bring back new music notifications

Please bring back notifications for when an artist you follow releases new music. The release radar is an ok playlist but it’s not enough. Countless times I have found that some of my most listened to artists have released music and it hasn’t been in my release radar. I don’t really have the time to be checking up on all of the artists I follow to see if they’ve released new music, so it would be much more convenient to just be notified when they do like Spotify used to do. At the very least it would be nice to be able to choose several artists you always want updates on, if sending notifications for every artist you follow is too much.

6 Replies

Hey there @Dbis22!

Thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry for the delayed reply.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on this and we have an Idea about the new music notifications here. If we have any news to share on that feature, we'll do it there, so feel free to subscribe to the thread from the 3 dot menu.

In the meantime you can activate your Spotify email and mobile notification with the steps here.

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if you need us for anything else.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The Companion For Spotify program does a pretty good job of finding new releases for you, based on the artists that you follow. Available on Android and Windows. Give it a try to get more new releases than Release Radar provides!
https://mlpsoftwarellc.com/CompanionForSpotify/
Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

All push notification settings active, still rarely receive any new album update for the artists I follow.. New release playlist only show very few relevant songs, so I basically check manually artist's page to know if there any new release I've missed. 2021, such sad state of major streaming service..are we going backwards!

Hey @AvirupDhawa,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

Currently not all Push Notifications are active and they are not being sent at the moment.

As a workaround we'd suggest you turn on the email notifications for updates. You can also check out the Release Radar playlist.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator

I'm the same, I have not made any changes to notifications, but realised I'd stopped getting emails sometime ago (can't pinpoint when).  Heaps of artists I follow have released tracks or albums I've completely missed. 
I attempt to check in on the Release Radar playlist but it's really not great. 

Normally I want to minimise emails but this one was actually useful so please bring it back! Thank you.

Hi @mazzacat49,

Thank you for posting on this thread. 

If you go to the mobile app's Settings > Notifications, you should be able to activate push and email notifications whenever an artist you follow releases new music. 

Please check that these settings are active and also make sure your email doesn't mark any messages from Spotify as spam.

Let us know how this goes!

MafeGModerator

Suggested posts