Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts & videos doesn't show up in my iPad app

Solved!

Podcasts & videos doesn't show up in my iPad app

The Podcasts & Videos section has been available on my. iPhone for awhile now, but still does not appear in on my iPad app. Is there something I'm missing? Is this feature still not available for the iPad? I'm a premium member and as far as I'm concerned, I'm only interested in watching videos on my iPad. I can't seem to find answered anywhere and Spotify, for that matter, appears to lack transparency related to this feature.

43 Replies

Yepp, that‘s a total bummer. Spotify, when will you fix this? 

I can't see Podcasts (or videos) listed anywhere on the iPad app, but if I actually search on the term "podcasts" then just ONE "top result" appears (Kevin Hart, Seriously Funny). But nothing else.

On my iPhone, podcasts and videos are listed on the 'Browse' page, with top picks and categories to browse. In other words, it works as it should.

On my PC, podcasts appear and can be browsed and, usually, played (although sometimes not - earlier today I could only play them on the PC when the iPhone app was open...).

BUT - on the PC I can only play podcast audio through the computer speakers, not to my sound system through Connect (the option is greyed out). But when I switch to a music playlist - bingo - up comes the option and I can play it out through my sound system. What is that all about?

Oddly, podcasts on the iPhone WILL play to the sound system. Go figure.

Very puzzled with this bizarre behaviour. Any clues?

Same here, iPhone shows ‘Podcasts’ section, iPad not. Common spotify that’s a five minutes job to integrate! For what on earth do I pay you 10 Euros a month? Thanks for nothing.

And btw. Solve your ‘connect’ feature asap! Another connect issue spotify doesn’t care about.

Guys I actually have a solution!

Search for your desired podcast on your phone or computer.

Use device streaming and look for your ipad on the list.

It should playback succesfully through the ipad.

Ridiculous workaround.

Why is podcast on iPad not possible. I don't see a reason for this??

Can Spotify answer this question please?

Not solved. 

Haing to handle another piece of equipment to stream to an iPad is not a solution.

Perhaps the lack of response from Spotify is due to an Apple imposed restriction on iPads, they just updated their podcast app and it is now clunky.7

If it was imposed by Apple it should not be available on the iPhone app either...

I don’t understand why one app will have the links and the other apps do not including the one on my fire stick. We pay for a service and should be able to use all aspects of that service on all of our devices. Pretty annoying and with the money you guys make you should be fixing this. I moved to your system from iTunes and I definitely like your content but your app on the fire stick and the iPad is totally clunky. To be charging a premium price for service and have certain categories not available on our other devices isn’t right at all

It‘s not solved. There is no Podcast feature on iPad for years! 

Why is this still not working, come om guys 2 years and still no Answer? 

Not working on my iPad too, really frustrating.

Cant understand why Spotify dosent fix this, and why do they keep sending comercials dating that you can listen to podcasts when it dosent work?

and why dont they atleast answer and give a reason?

Solve it!  We will not give up on this thread

I agree I think that it's sad that Spotify keeps ignoring this issue.

Come on Spotify please include the same functionality on the iPad.  This makes zero sense.

add me to the list.

such a shame

Hey, thanks for letting me know!

Spotify is testing new features now. Here's some more information about why you might be seeing different features. If you have any questions, feel free to give me a shout! 🙂

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/system_settings/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than-my...

Have a nice day!

This response is irrelevant and insulting to consumer intelligence. The
issue has nothing to do with seeing different features on the app than your
friends. Podcasts don't work for ANYONE on the iPad and haven't since they
were first introduced.

No that is not the issue. Podcasts aren't in the iPad app PERIOD

That is what this thread is about and Spotifys refusal to comment on the
matter is plain ignorant.

But it seems to be the strategy for these forums since they have yet my
thread on issues with their IFTTT implementation also...

Suggested posts