Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts & videos doesn't show up in my iPad app

Solved!

Podcasts & videos doesn't show up in my iPad app

The Podcasts & Videos section has been available on my. iPhone for awhile now, but still does not appear in on my iPad app. Is there something I'm missing? Is this feature still not available for the iPad? I'm a premium member and as far as I'm concerned, I'm only interested in watching videos on my iPad. I can't seem to find answered anywhere and Spotify, for that matter, appears to lack transparency related to this feature.

43 Replies

Please add the feature the play podcasts via the iPad app too. 

It's just sad, if Spotify really cared the would have fixed this issue already, or at least told us that they are working on it and have reproduced the issue, but instead they just keep ignoring and pretending that it's fixed. 

So how do we fix this? 

Thank youuuuu

Interestingly and in contrast to the English version this German support site has an extra tab for „iPad“:

https://support.spotify.com/de/using_spotify/features/podcasts/

„Podcasts sind derzeit nicht auf iPads verfügbar. 

Wenn du dir Podcasts auf deinem iPad anhören möchtest, wähle den gewünschten Podcast auf einem anderen Gerät aus (Desktop-, Mobil- oder anderes Gerät) und wähle dann über Spotify Connect dein iPad aus.“

It states what we know: that it currently doesn‘t work and that you should use Connect through another device. It must have something to do with rights mgmt and geo location. Maybe it‘s harder to check where the user is on the iPad than on a phone device.

Suggested posts