Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pop up ads despite notification settings

Pop up ads despite notification settings

Despite having adjusted all my notification settings in app to not show recommendations or advertisments i am still getting concert recommendations and music/podcast advertisements. 
Yes, i have selected the option to “just opt me out” on the pop ups. This does not affect the amount i recieve. 
Yes, all of my notifications are set to “off”. This does not stop the concert recommendation banner. 
How do I truly opt out of these ads? 

Plan

Family Premium

Country

US

IMG_5352.png
IMG_5351.png
IMG_5354.png
19 Replies

Hey @C1L0,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

If all notifications are set to off, you shouldn't be receiving any. So to investigate the case further, make sure to have your Spotify app updated and include in your next response a screenshot where we can see the ads you're mentioning.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Spotify shows in app concert recommendations with no way to turn them off! A lot of people including me find it outrageous that even premium users are shown these ads.

For further details read here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/How-can-I-stop-getting-in-app-concert-recommendatio...

For the love of everything good in the world YES. Give me a way to turn this off. I have no interest at all in concerts and nagging me repeatedly is not going to change my mind. It’s so upsetting that I not only get annoyed with Spotify, but I also now no longer listen to the artist. I don’t think “lose fans” is what the artist ad spend was supposed to go towards.

Hey oscar, 

Verified that all notifications were set to off, app was up to date, then got another today. 
The ad appeared on my main home page when i opened it for the first time today.

IMG_5432.png
IMG_5430.png
IMG_5433.png

Just got another soon after. 
Might be worth mentioning i am not the plan manager of my family plan?

IMG_5435.png
IMG_5434.png

Hey folks!

Premium users should be able to opt out from these sponsored recommendations by tapping 'What's this' -> 'Opt me out'

We've made some changes backstage, so this should now be working as intended.

In case the issue still persists on your ends, log out and back into your app twice in a row to trigger a manual sync of your settings. Should the issue remain after this - follow the steps for a complete clean reinstall of the app here, which should resolve it for you.

In case you continue getting the sponsored recommendations though, we'd like to know the following details:

• Your affected device's model
  • Its OS version
  • Your Spotify app version

We'll be on the lookout for your replies 🙂
Many thanks!

VasilModerator

Hi,

I'm a premium user and I'm getting ads on Spotify produced podcasts as separate tracks. This is absolutely unacceptable when it's being advertised as an ad-free experience. Please find screenshot attached. 

Pixel 7

Android 14

App version 8.9.12.599

Screenshot_20240216-211106.png

Hello Vasil, 

After the logging out solution and performing a clean install, i am still getting recommendations. 

Device: iphone 11 pro

ios: 17.3.1

spotify version: 8.9.14.562

IMG_5447.png
IMG_5448.png

Another today. 

IMG_5456.png
IMG_5457.png

Another today

IMG_5477.png
IMG_5478.png

Hi there @C1L0,

Thanks for the replies. We're looking into this further on our end and have forwarded all the info from this thread to the appropriate team. When we have any updates on the matter, we'll share them with you here. 

In the meantime, try checking your account settings to opt out of these types of recommendations and see if that helps the case. To opt out of receiving sponsored recommendations, go to your Spotify account on desktop > Account > Privacy settings > turn off Tailored ads.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator

That solution does not work, I’ve had all of those options turned off, after a long talk with support they recommended I reinstall the app (along with 10GB of music) and, surprise! I still get the ads.

Hey @Jimbo481,

Thanks for posting in the thread!

Just to confirm, how does the pop up notifications appear for you? Keep in mind that there are different types of notifications within the app. If you see the option What is this? in the pop up, you should be able to opt-out from future notifications about similar suggestions. You may also see notifications about newly released app features or subscription offers related to you - these can't be turned off, as they're part of how the app functions.

We hope this clears things up! Should you have further questions, feel free to send us a screenshot of the notifications you're seeing.

Take care!

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I have all notifications to upcoming shows, live sessions and similar things disabled. In fact, i have all notifications disabled, because i don't need such messages from a music player. Yet the spotify app bothers me every other day with a full screen notification to an upcoming show from some artist when I open the app.

How can I disable this? I do not want this spam.

Plan

Premium

Not a sponsored recommendation, but today I got a similar type of direct marketing ad and this one didn’t have a link to an option to turn it off. How do I turn this type of pop up ad off??

IMG_1771.png

Any updates on this issue? Still getting ads daily. 

IMG_5811.png
IMG_5812.png

Happens to me all the time when mine are always off as well. There used to be a way to long press it and discard it permanently while it’s being pressed there was an inside option to discard. That worked for me with those ones you’re experiencing.

Each update more **bleep** shows up  and now it’s this lovely banners instead, You could try shutting off any followers or people you follow if you haven’t. It worked for me for a couple weeks at least with the annoying intrusive concert banners,  Beyond aggravating. I feel your pain.

Spotify does not care about its premium customers. I’ve taken this to support Ike three times and I keep getting ghosted by the support agents.

IMG_0858.png

IMG_4978.PNG

Please let me disable these ads. It's getting really annoying.

Suggested posts