Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium not recognized on my iphone

Premium not recognized on my iphone

you guys gotta get a better app going (refer to Skype's, youtube's and especially the new LinkedIn's) as of now it SUCKS! to the point where I don't think my premium is on my phone, honestly I can't tell, the app is that bad. for 10$ a month, it's time to step it up!

11 Replies

Hey mstemmelen - We're happy to help. What exactly is giving you trouble?

I can confirm your Premium subscription is active and healthy on our end. 

Thanks, however on my end, either on my ipad or on my iphone, it tells me this : only Premium users can stream on demand.

What's going on?

ps: I appreciate at the speed you guys write back (point scored!)

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

Just did it... just in case... for both iphone and on my ipad..

worked for the ipad, not the iphone.

Hm, I suspect you have two accounts on our system. Are you signing in with your FB email and password? 

Or are you using a Spotify username? 

Please let me know if I have have 2 accounts (don't think so)

I have tried both ways, signing in with FB, and also with this username : 1248807202 which I believe is my account.

However when signing onto my ipad via FB it works...

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I have upgraded 2 days ago but nothing is working, recognising I have a premium account. However my account says you have an active premium account.. On all Desktop, iPad, iPhone I downloaded and reinstalled everything twice but still nothing.
Help please!
Cristinauk

@cristinauk wrote:
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I have upgraded 2 days ago but nothing is working, recognising I have a premium account. However my account says you have an active premium account.. On all Desktop, iPad, iPhone I downloaded and reinstalled everything twice but still nothing.
Help please!
Cristinauk

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

That is definitely weird, can you just triple check that your premium is active when you sign into your online overview

And if it is, doubly check you are logging in using the correct details on your devices. 

If you can't get it going, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to investigate this a little closer for you, since troubleshooting on accounts is a little tricky here on the community. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

Thank for the reply.

Yes, my account says I have a premium account but not even the web spotify recognise the fact that I have one and only says I have free.

Will contact customer service.

Cris

cristinauk - I can confirm your account has been successfully upgraded. Are you signing in with your Spotify username (not your email address)?

mstemmelen - Your account linked to FB is definitely on Premium. I don't see a second account but perhaps you made one with a different email address. 

Could confirm what it says when you check your subscription page?

Yes, I was signing using my spotify username. Just created a brand new account cristinauk79 upgraded and worked perfectly immediately from all my devices. I am not sure why my old account had so many problems but I just spent hours/days trying to work out while was not working and I was fed up. new one worked perfectly so problem solved. I applied for a refund.

Thanks

Cris

Suggested posts