Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Volkswagen GTI, RNS310 navigation.

Hi,When i connect my iPhone with the iPhone cable in my VW car and on the RNS 310 navigation and i choose MEDIA everything works fine (even my buttons on the steering weel) but when i connect my iPhone with Bluetooth media, i cannnot use my buttons o...

• Regular
  • Hi, When i connect my iPhone with the iPhone cable in my VW car and on the RNS 310 navigation and i choose MEDIA everything works fine (even my buttons on the steering weel) but when i connect my ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone playing a different version of track to laptop....

Hello, I have been syncing music for over a year with no problems, I just recently dragged an mp3 from iTunes into Spotify on my laptop. It plays fine, no problem. However when i try to play that same file from my iPhone, it recognises it as a differ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have been syncing music for over a year with no problems, I just recently dragged an mp3 from iTunes into Spotify on my laptop. It plays fine, no problem.  However when i try ...
  • Jim_Jimini
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange quotes and phrases on "Search"

Yes just noticed this happening today.. I typed In artist misspelled the name it corrected it.. Then a second later it says search for "Dont be stupid, you could end up famous" I was like what the heck is that? I've had 7 or 8 different ones pop up a...

• Yes just noticed this happening today.. I typed In artist misspelled the name it corrected it.. Then a second later it says search for "Dont be stupid, you could end up famous" I was like what the he...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks not sending to friends

Hi, i have been using spotify for a year or so now and have been able to send music to other spotify users but recently all the tracks i have been sending dont get delivered. it seems to be isolated to people i am friends with on Spotify but not on F...

• Regular
  • Hi, i have been using spotify for a year or so now and have been able to send music to other spotify users but recently all the tracks i have been sending dont get delivered. it seems to be isolated ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Syncing takes an eternity

I bought spotify premium a while ago - the whole reason I bought it was to download songs on the fly, and listen to them while mobile. Well. . . It seems that spotify is incapable of doing this because it takes approximately 10 minutes to sync a song...

• I bought spotify premium a while ago - the whole reason I bought it was to download songs on the fly, and listen to them while mobile. Well. . . It seems that spotify is incapable of doing this becau...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Bug at the end of a playlist

Hi Folks, I found a Bug in the iOS UI:Whenever I play the LAST song in any of my playlists and the playback is on SHUFFLE, the little bar at the bottom, introduced 2 or 3 patches ago shows not the next song as now playing, but the one after that. I g...

• Hi Folks,   I found a Bug in the iOS UI: Whenever I play the LAST song in any of my playlists and the playback is on SHUFFLE, the little bar at the bottom, introduced 2 or 3 patches ago shows...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

help

I have addressed this issue for two weeks now. It has gotten much worse. I can not modify my spotify on FB it gives me a whitelist error message.. I can not make any privacy changes on FB to Spotify they will not allow me. NOW I CAN NOT LOAD SPOTIUFY...

• Visitor
  • I have addressed this issue for two weeks now. It has gotten much worse. I can not modify my spotify on FB it gives me a whitelist error message.. I can not make any privacy changes on FB to Spotify ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I lost all my music on itunes when logged onto spotify

I seem tohave lost all my music content in itunes. I have done nothing with my PC overnight as I was using itunes yesterday.Then last night I logged onto spotify for the first time using facebook login.This morning - no itunes content but I can see a...

• Visitor
  • I seem tohave lost all my music content in itunes. I have done nothing with my PC overnight as I was using itunes yesterday. Then last night I logged onto spotify for the first time using facebook l...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I'll cancel premium

I also am experecing extreme battery drain while using Spotify on an iPhone 5 (fresh iOS 6.1 install) of about 10-18% per hour of use. Spotify is the only running app with all background services off. Oddly, useage and stanby times are identical unde...

• Casual Listener
  • I also am experecing extreme battery drain while using Spotify on an iPhone 5 (fresh iOS 6.1 install) of about 10-18% per hour of use. Spotify is the only running app with all background services off...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

No searching playlists in search in the latest iPad app!

Just updated the app on my iPad, and can't search for playlists anymore.It only shows results for artist, album and track.Did the developers remove this or is it just a big mistake?!

• Casual Listener
  • Just updated the app on my iPad, and can't search for playlists anymore. It only shows results for artist, album and track. Did the developers remove this or is it just a big mistake?!
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can a free user stream 320kbps radio?

My question is simple... If i am a free spotify user, will i be able to stream radio at 320kbps on my iphone?

• Regular
  • My question is simple... If i am a free spotify user, will i be able to stream radio at 320kbps on my iphone?
  • Stavari
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Free 320 kbps ios
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

"Burning Bridges" by OneRepublic on Native album

Team, After about playing 40 seconds of the song "Burning Bridges" by OneRepublic from the latest release Native, I get a "Cannot Play Track" error on my iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1.3) with Spotify app 0.6.1.48. This happened initially with streaming, but I al...

• Team,   After about playing 40 seconds of the song "Burning Bridges" by OneRepublic from the latest release Native, I get a "Cannot Play Track" error on my iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1.3) with Spotify ap...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • song bug
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Purchasing Spotify Premium - Sprint

I am trying to purchase Spotify and add it to my Sprint account but it won't send me a text message once I click submit. What gives? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to purchase Spotify and add it to my Sprint account but it won't send me a text message once I click submit. What gives? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I have Spotify Premium but can't use it on my iPad.

I have Spotify Premium and can use it on my iPhone fine. However, I can't get it to play any of my playlists on my iPad. They're all there but it keeps taking me to the radio option. Are there additional setup steps I need to take? Thanks.

• I have Spotify Premium and can use it on my iPhone fine. However, I can't get it to play any of my playlists on my iPad. They're all there but it keeps taking me to the radio option. Are there additi...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Proxy and Sync issues

I use an academic network and have to have a Proxy set. I have the proxy set on OS X and the autodetect does not autodetect. Great, so I set it manually. Now I want to add some music I have on a NAS on my network to my iPhone. Well, the iPhone using ...

• I use an academic network and have to have a Proxy set. I have the proxy set on OS X and the autodetect does not autodetect.    Great, so I set it manually.    Now I want to a...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cant play my premium account on my iphone after ios update

So ive been paying for premium ($9.99) for the past 6 months and now once i updated my iphone to the latest IOS it says that "only premium users can stream ondemand, radio is always free" i have not loged out of spotify or changed anything and my ban...

• Visitor
  • So ive been paying for premium ($9.99) for the past 6 months and now once i updated my iphone to the latest IOS it says that "only premium users can stream ondemand, radio is always free" i have not ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

music quality overruled when streaming a synced playlist

Dear Spotify-users, Does the music sound better if you stream music in high quality on your playlists which you have synced in lower quality in other words: I want to find out if my quality is overruled when streaming music you have synced on your ip...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Spotify-users,   Does the music sound better if you stream music in high quality on your playlists which you have synced in lower quality   in other words:   I want to find ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Crashing every time without fail on iPhone, iPad and Windows Phone (desktop is fine)

DescriptionSpotify had been getting les stable and more buggy (e.g. fails to load cache or reloads playlists multiple times, taking ages) for months on iOs clients, but now freezes then crashes completely every time on iPad, iPhon and Windows Phone 8...

• Description Spotify had been getting les stable and more buggy (e.g. fails to load cache or reloads playlists multiple times, taking ages) for months on iOs clients, but now freezes then crashes com...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod 4th Generation not appearing under devices tab!

It is running iOS 6.0.1 and it isn't appearing under devices. The cable works fine, and I have just downloaded Spotify so it can't be that... Please help!

• It is running iOS 6.0.1 and it isn't appearing under devices. The cable works fine, and I have just downloaded Spotify so it can't be that... Please help!
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Doesnt sync all the songs

I've synced my playlists to offline mode and there is a playlist where i have around 1539 songs and I have no local files and everytime i try to sync it will only sync to 1459 songs, so it's around 100 songs missing! Is there any limit of how many so...

• Casual Listener
  • I've synced my playlists to offline mode and there is a playlist where i have around 1539 songs and I have no local files and everytime i try to sync it will only sync to 1459 songs, so it's around 1...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes