iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Lyrics not showing

Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.0.2 Spotify 8.6.80.1180 My Question or Issue Apparently everyone in the world got the lyrics with the update. Expect me. How do I fix this ? Or rather how will YOU fix this ?! Empti...

• Regular
  • VALKSPOP
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Re Order Playlist by Artist

I have an Iphone 4S, is it possible to arrange playlists alphabetically by artist? It seems to do it by date you download / save to playlist which is quite annoying.....? Cheers

•   I have an Iphone 4S, is it possible to arrange playlists alphabetically by artist? It seems to do it by date you download / save to playlist which is quite annoying.....?   Cheers
  • rascalina
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Bluetooth not working on iPhone 3gs

When enabling bluetooth on my iPhone 3gs, I can listen through my bluetooth headphones as normal in the native ipod music player. The bluetooth symbol at the top turns blue when I go to that app. However, when I open Spotify, the bluetooth icon at th...

• Music Fan
  • When enabling bluetooth on my iPhone 3gs, I can listen through my bluetooth headphones as normal in the native ipod music player. The bluetooth symbol at the top turns blue when I go to that app. &n...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iOS App Cleaning

I am on iOS 5.1. Every so often (every other month) the Spotify will say "Cleaning..." and I'll have lost all my offline playlists. I'll have to set them all to Offline and then spend several hours tapping the iPhone screen to prevent it going to sle...

• Regular
  • I am on iOS 5.1. Every so often (every other month) the Spotify will say "Cleaning..." and I'll have lost all my offline playlists. I'll have to set them all to Offline and then spend several hours t...
  • russtm
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Having a ton of trouble syncing playlists to iPhone and iPod

Hi there, I am having a ton of trouble syncing my iPod and iPhone to Spotify. Being new to the service, I accidentally activated off-line mode on more than three devices, and it booted all my off-line playlists from all my devices. While this seems t...

• Hi there,   I am having a ton of trouble syncing my iPod and iPhone to Spotify. Being new to the service, I accidentally activated off-line mode on more than three devices, and it booted all m...
  • apelkhaz
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New playlist should be added at TOP of playlists!

How frustrating it is to add a new album to it's own new playlist, only to have to scroll all the way down (in my case past dozens and dozens of playlists) to find it again! And... how frustrating again to go into the desktop client and find the play...

• Community Legend
  • How frustrating it is to add a new album to it's own new playlist, only to have to scroll all the way down (in my case past dozens and dozens of playlists) to find it again! And... how frustrating ag...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tell us iPhone users WHY this app won't work, and what you are doing to fix it

I'd been a Spotify subscriber for around a year, until recently. I am SICK TO DEATH of this app crashing out every few minutes. Sometimes you get a tell-tale stutter, then CRASH, or just a simpe CRASH. It seems that many people running this app on an...

• Roadie
  • I'd been a Spotify subscriber for around a year, until recently.   I am SICK TO DEATH of this app crashing out every few minutes. Sometimes you get a tell-tale stutter, then CRASH, or just a s...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes

Bluetooth sound bad

I just set up a Bluetooth sender/receiver on my windows7 machinegood news it works, bad news the sound keeps breaking up badly, not at all acceptableIt works perfectly on Local File music directlyI am on Spottily unlimited, so thought that the stream...

• Casual Listener
  • I just set up a Bluetooth sender/receiver on my windows7 machine good news it works, bad news the sound keeps breaking up badly, not at all acceptable It works perfectly on Local File music  d...
  • alan271828
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Now Playing" button not working

When I try to press the button, nothing happens. For example: If a song is playing, and I want to pause it, I press the "Now Playing" button. But when the button doesn't work, I have to start the song again. The problem is a little bit irritating. Pl...

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to press the button, nothing happens. For example: If a song is playing, and I want to pause it, I press the "Now Playing" button. But when the button doesn't work, I have to start the son...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spottily on iPhone 4s

Hi can I have spotify on multiple phones i.e. 2? I am a premium subscriber thanks.

• Hi can I have spotify on multiple phones i.e. 2? I am a premium subscriber thanks.
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Car Radio iPhone link

If a plug my iphoner into my car radio it begins with Spotify (for a second) then moves over to iPod. How can I keep to Spotify?

• If a plug my iphoner into my car radio it begins with Spotify (for a second)  then moves over to iPod.  How can I keep to Spotify?
  • chrishasmusic
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not finding my ipod.

My iPod is connected to my pc through a cable and it isn't showing in devices. Any help?

• Not applicable
  • My iPod is connected  to my pc through a cable and it isn't showing in devices.   Any help?
  • Goodman
  • Community Manager
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone & iPad Offline Playlists erased for the second time

Hi. Once again, Spotify "customer support" has falt out refused to help me with my mobile apps. Twice, in the last month, the Spotify iOS app has removed my offline playlists from my iPad and iPhone. I keep receiving an error that it is being used on...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi. Once again, Spotify "customer support" has falt out refused to help me with my mobile apps.   Twice, in the last month, the Spotify iOS app has removed my offline playlists from my iPad an...
  • exursus
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Music stops after 1 minute!

I have had this problem before and some how I fixed it after hours of fiddling around a couple months ago.This time absolutely nothing works. Each song will stop playing after one minute. I have installed and reinstalled spotify on both my lap top an...

• Casual Listener
  • I have had this problem before and some how I fixed it after hours of fiddling around a couple months ago. This time absolutely nothing works. Each song will stop playing after one minute. I have in...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Kicked out of iPod Touch

Everytime I play one of my playlists now through my iPod Touch, after a few tunes it kicks me out and back to my home screen on the iPod. I've rebooted the iPod many times but it doesn't fix the problem. I don't have this problem with other app's. An...

• Regular
  • Everytime I play one of my playlists now through my iPod Touch, after a few tunes it kicks me out and back to my home screen on the iPod.  I've rebooted the iPod many times but it doesn't f...
  • Frodissa
  • Casual Listener
  • 31 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 2 likes

Recreating playlists?

I erased some playlists on my iPhone, thinking it was ONLY on the phone that I erased them...BUT...they also disappeared from my Mac...Is there any way I can recreate the playlists...maybe old cache, or some sort of backup file...or in some other way...

• I erased some playlists on my iPhone, thinking it was ONLY on the phone that I erased them... BUT...they also disappeared from my Mac... Is there any way I can recreate the playlists...maybe old ...
  • StevenR
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipod Touch "Library" to Shuffle all Playlists?

Can you shuffle all of the playlists and tracks within on the Ipod Touch? I made lots of playlists by artist name, with hundreds of tracks in all of them. In spotify itself you can click on "library" under "collection" to shuffle all of it, but there...

• Regular
  • Can you shuffle all of the playlists and tracks within on the Ipod Touch?  I made lots of playlists by artist name, with hundreds of tracks in all of them.  In spotify itself you can click ...
  • patglennon
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

iOS Spotify App Volume Control Issue

Run the iOS native music player and play a song. Now press the volume buttons and change the volume of the song being played. The volume goes up and down, and that's it. Perfect. Now open the Spotify app. Play a song. Click on the song album art to g...

• Casual Listener
  • Run the iOS native music player and play a song. Now press the volume buttons and change the volume of the song being played. The volume goes up and down, and that's it. Perfect.   Now open th...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Trick to sync on iPhone without Spotify pausing syncing

A trick to keep syncing offline playlists on iPhone/iPad:1. Press play on a song in a playlist2. Press the little i at the left top3. Turn repeat on (this will repeat the playlist)4. Now select all the playlists you want to have available offlineBeca...

• Gig Goer
  • A trick to keep syncing offline playlists on iPhone/iPad: 1. Press play on a song in a playlist 2. Press the little i at the left top 3. Turn repeat on (this will repeat the playlist) 4. Now se...
  • Scriven_j
  • Roadie
  • 17 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 22 likes

streaming not possible - iPhone

Since I have installed a new version of Spotify premium streaming on my Iphone is no longer possible. I have reinstalled everything a few times but nothing works. Is there something in the new version that needs special attention. Who can help.

• Since I have installed a new version of Spotify premium streaming on my Iphone is no longer possible. I have reinstalled everything a few times but nothing works. Is there something in the new versio...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes