Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

offline playlists not syncing properly with my iphone4?

Having extreme problems with offline sync. All was fine until I got the update 0.6.0.181 this morning. All of my already synced playlists dissapeared and I've spent all day recreating them, to find at the end that they won't even sync anyway. It gets...

• Casual Listener
  • Having extreme problems with offline sync. All was fine until I got the update 0.6.0.181 this morning. All of my already synced playlists dissapeared and I've spent all day recreating them, to fi...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Error when sending music to friends

When I attempt to share music with friends via Spotify on my iPhone, I get a message telling me Spotify could not send the track due to an unknown error. Then it closes. I am afraid to uninstall because I get a message telling me all my data will be ...

• When I attempt to share music with friends via Spotify on my iPhone, I get a message telling me Spotify could not send the track due to an unknown error. Then it closes. I am afraid to uninstall beca...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Misplaced order

I order two months of spotify premium for my account and they haven't been applied yet due to an unknown change of email and now I'm down £10 with no benefit of listening to the music I paid for

• Casual Listener
  • I order two months of spotify premium for my account and they haven't been applied yet due to an unknown change of email and now I'm down £10 with no benefit of listening to the music I paid for
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Local Files To iPod Touch

So I am trying to sync some of my local files to my iPod Touch 4th generation. I have the latest version of both iOS (6.1.2) and Spotify (0.6.0) on my iPod. Now last night, I synced around 450 songs. They all copied perfectly and I have no issue with...

• Casual Listener
  • So I am trying to sync some of my local files to my iPod Touch 4th generation. I have the latest version of both iOS (6.1.2) and Spotify (0.6.0) on my iPod. Now last night, I synced around 450 songs....
  • princessjinifer
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't listen to every songs on iPad

Hello everyone, i have a premium spotify account on my iPad, it works great but there are some songs that I can't listen to, for example, I'm on an artist album and there is some songs that appears grey, when I tap the song to listen to it it just wo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone,   i have a premium spotify account on my iPad, it works great but there are some songs that I can't listen to, for example, I'm on an artist album and there is some songs tha...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

can't sync offline playlist

Hi There, On my third device, I have a playlist that begins to sync for offline use, but then it spins and spins on the first track, than gives me the orange exclamation point next to the song, saying that it can't be synced. This same device and pla...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi There,   On my third device, I have a playlist that begins to sync for offline use, but then it spins and spins on the first track, than gives me the orange exclamation point next to the ...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Spotify Mobile App

Hi there, I recently started using spotify premium and I absolutely love it. Being Dutch, I use the dutch version of the spotify app for my smartphone. In Settings -> Soundquality, under Synchronize there's an on/off switch, in front of it, theres ''...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I recently started using spotify premium and I absolutely love it. Being Dutch, I use the dutch version of the spotify app for my smartphone. In Settings -> Soundquality, unde...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad Gen 1 Crashes very often

=== START OF TEMPLATE === Description Spotify for iPad crashes all the time. It does not seem to matter what I do and not do, it will eventually crash. A more detailed description, using numbered steps It can be anything from starting Spotify and the...

• Casual Listener
  • === START OF TEMPLATE ===   Description Spotify for iPad crashes all the time. It does not seem to matter what I do and not do, it will eventually crash.   A more detailed descr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I suddenly have 3 separate "Liked from Radio" playlists.

I recently uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify on my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 because I was having space issues.Before reinstallaton, whenever I clicked "Like" on a song through radio from either device, that song would be added to a singular "Liked from ...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify on my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 because I was having space issues. Before reinstallaton, whenever I clicked "Like" on a song through radio from either devi...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Moving music from my spotify playsit on my iphone to my itunes folder?

Sorry am new to this, but sat creating a playlist on my phone and now want to move it from the spotify app on my phone to my music app on my phone - how can I do this?

• Casual Listener
  • Sorry am new to this, but sat creating a playlist on my phone and now want to move it from the spotify app on my phone to my music app on my phone - how can I do this?    
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Purchased Spotify premium on Mac but it won't recognize on IPhone

Purchased Spotify premium on my Mac a few days ago. It won't recognize the premium on my iPhone and only let's me play radio! Really bummed since I'm never home this is the only reason I bit the bullet for 10/month. Plz respond.

• Visitor
  • Purchased Spotify premium on my Mac a few days ago. It won't recognize the premium on my iPhone and only let's me play radio! Really bummed since I'm never home this is the only reason I bit the bull...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
    not working
    Premium
    Spotify
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Hello - iPod Nano or Classic - Not touch!

Hello, I would like to know if spotifuggle is supporting new Ipod Nano Generation or new Classics ? I am happy with the spotifuggle but I would like to play the music on portable devices - but small ones like Nano or Classics. Thanks, Wojtek

• Hello,  I would like to know if spotifuggle is supporting new Ipod Nano Generation or new Classics ? I am happy with the spotifuggle but I would like to play the music on portable devices - bu...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Making tracks offline

Hello guys I am trying to make some playlists offline but its taking forever. Its not a net connection, it just goes on and on but the track never goes offline...I dont see any messages or anything so I dont think I am near my offline limit....

• Hello guys   I am trying to make some playlists offline but its taking forever. Its not a net connection, it just goes on and on but the track never goes offline... I dont see any message...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Verizon iPhone 5 ios 6.1.2 as of 3/6/13 BAD battery drain

Trying to keep this thread alive for spotify to fix this issue. I have a Verizon iPhone 5 running the most current software as of 3/6/13, ios 6.1.2. I have tried only using the offline mode in spotify, and it doesn't seem to help. I have removed and ...

• Regular
  • Trying to keep this thread alive for spotify to fix this issue. I have a Verizon iPhone 5 running the most current software as of 3/6/13, ios 6.1.2. I have tried only using the offline mode in spotif...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Empty SpotON Radio folder cannot be deleted from my iPhone and iPad

Now that Spotify introduced the "new" radio feature, I decided to uninstall the SpotON Radio app. But I still have a SpotON Radio folder on my iPhone and iPad. Not on my PC. When I try to delete this folder, the app craches. How can I get rid of this...

• Casual Listener
  • Now that Spotify introduced the "new" radio feature, I decided to uninstall the SpotON Radio app.   But I still have a SpotON Radio folder on my iPhone and iPad. Not on my PC.   Whe...
  • BigMikeyP
  • Regular
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Trouble with iPhone 4s

I'm having trouble downloading spotify premium on my iphone 4s. I previously installed it on my itouch (using my facebook account), and used up the free trial, and now after downloading the free app onto my iphone am unable to subscribe to the premiu...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having trouble downloading spotify premium on my iphone 4s. I previously installed it on my itouch (using my facebook account), and used up the free trial, and now after downloading the free app&...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

No "Now Playing" or "Queue" Button?

I just started a premium trial and downloaded Spotify on my Iphone 3gs, which is running ios 6.1.2. I've added some songs to the "queue" and continued exploring the app, but now I can't get back to what I'm playing. Is there seriously no "Now Playing...

• Casual Listener
  • I just started a premium trial and downloaded Spotify on my Iphone 3gs, which is running ios 6.1.2. I've added some songs to the "queue" and continued exploring the app, but now I can't get back to w...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Share "starred" playlist

I got my girlfriend spotify premium for Xmas and she would like to subscribe to my playlists. However my Starred playlist doesn't show when she views my playlists. I can see/follow her starred playlist, but she can't view/follow mine. Help?

• Casual Listener
  • I got my girlfriend spotify premium for Xmas and she would like to subscribe to my playlists. However my Starred playlist doesn't show when she views my playlists. I can see/follow her starred playli...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Off line syncing just hangs then times out

I am a premium customer how now can not sync music to listen to offline on my iPhone. I am reluctant to delete and reinstall the app as I don't want to lose my existing offline playlists. All attempts to sync tracks to offline lead to spotify hanging...

• Regular
  • I am a premium customer how now can not sync music to listen to offline on my iPhone. I am reluctant to delete and reinstall the app as I don't want to lose my existing offline playlists. All attempt...
  • Dethers
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 5 no tracks play

Ok, so I am a premium user, and every time I select a track to play, wether it is synced offline or not, it simply does not play. Everything comes up normal like the progress bar, now playing bar at the bottom, and the 0:00, it's just that the progre...

• Ok, so I am a premium user, and every time I select a track to play, wether it is synced offline or not, it simply does not play. Everything comes up normal like the progress bar, now playing bar at ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes