Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue is too long to clear

Solved!

Queue is too long to clear

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Iphone X

Operating System

(iOS 12)

My Question or Issue

My queue is 100+ songs, far too long to clear. I have no idea what happened. But now if I want to play an album, the only option is "Shuffle". Spotify plays 1 song from the album, and then immediately defaults to the queue and starts playing songs that I knew that I added. There's a playlist I was listening to yesterday, "ECM New and Forthcoming", and it looks like the entire playlist (very long) was added to the queue and I don't know how to clear it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @cjerde and @Asykes22,

I'm glad you found that clearing the cache works! For future reference, please see the last paragraph in this post to learn how to clear long queues using the desktop app. 

Best,

Dani

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Same is happening to me!!

very annoying. I am trying to listen to a playlist and it plays one song then jumps to the queue. 

I cleared the cache and it took care of the problem. Clearing the cache did not impact my library or my playlists so it is a safe way to clear the queue. Hope it works for you.
Marked as solution

Hi @cjerde and @Asykes22,

I'm glad you found that clearing the cache works! For future reference, please see the last paragraph in this post to learn how to clear long queues using the desktop app. 

Best,

Dani

Easier way to clear a long queue without the desktop app is to open the queue, scroll to the end of it and play the last song in the queue.

PS. Not having a clear queue option/button in the mobile app is dumb.

Suggested posts