Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue management is awful

Queue management is awful

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I can't figure out how to delete a queue when I want to play something new. For example, I'll start playing a playlist and then want to switch to a different one. I'll click on the first song in the new playlist which plays but then I revert to the old playlist. I'm then massively infuriated by the huge SHUFFLE PLAY button which I never want to push and there is no button to push to delete the current queue and play a new playlist/album. Am I the only one that this annoys?

5 Replies

Hi @Diennoh

Sorry for your frustrations here. Please see this post to learn how the queue works and how to clear it.

Best,

Dani

It's funny to learn how a queue works 😉

Dani,

If I’ve read that other article correctly - to clear the queue I need to switch to the desktop app and hit the clear button? If you have a long playlist selecting the songs individually will take forever.

Why is there no clear button on the mobile app?

I had figured it out as it turns out but couldn’t actually believe it was this clunky. 😉

Diennoh,

You could clear the queue from mobile, but it will take a lot longer as you'll have to select each song one by one, yes. I suggest using desktop to clear large queues because it's much simpler. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you as to why there's not a clear queue button on mobile. I think it would be a great quality of life change. I would definitely recommend voting on this live idea if this is a feature you would like to see! 

Dani

Suggested posts