Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re: Songs keep skipping and pausing randomly

Re: Songs keep skipping and pausing randomly

Myself and a lot of my friends have experienced a similar issue recently, but related to Spotify Connect.
I've had this issues connecting from both my iPhone 7 iOS 11.3, MacBook Pro (OSX Sierra) connecting to my Samsung R1 speaker and also my Sonos System (Sonos 5 and Sonos 1).
The music pauses and skips songs seemingly random...

3 Replies

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear you're having trouble!

As this is happening on iOS and with Connect, we've moved your post here - as it sounds like a slightly different issue. Don't worry, we'll continue lending a hand.

We know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your devices? We'd also recommend checking that all of your device's Firmware's up-to-date.

If that doesn't help, let's try a quick reinstall. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, can you let us know which version of Spotify you're using?

We'll see what we can suggest!

Thanks,

/M

I'm having the same problem with my iPad mini (1st generation, iOS 9.3.5). It does this on WiFi. Songs will start to play and just skip to the next song or play until the end of the song and just stop, but still shows it is playing. I've uninstalled Spotify, restarted the iPad and then reinstalled Spotify and I am still having the same problem. 

Hey @MsChrisAnnNel,

Sounds very similar to the above. Could you double-check the device for an iOS update?

We'd then also recommend another clean reinstall of the app. 

if it's still happening, could you also check:

• Does it happen on another WiFi network?
  • Does it happen with any music, or specific tracks (saved music, Local Files, certain playlists, offline music)?

Keep us in the loop.

Suggested posts