Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re: Troubleshoot with Apple watch, downloading loading forever

Re: Troubleshoot with Apple watch, downloading loading forever

Hi there - I have recently acquired an Apple Watch Series 7 (I had a very old Series 2 until recently) and am exhibiting this exact problem that doesn't seem to be able to be resolved with any of the suggestions provided in this forum.

I have uninstalled the application on my iPhone, deleted the cache, turned both devices off (fully) and reinstalled the application, chosen some content to download to it, and get the persistent "Loading..." message on my Apple Watch.

Of note, this problem was not exhibited on my old Apple Watch 2 for some reason. It was buggy and had other issues but it seemed to work on that old watch but the new one simply will not recognise content being downloaded to it so that I can use it when away from my phone.

Are there any other things I should try to resolve this? The new watch is fantastic and I do enjoy using Spotify however for the first time in ages, it is the Spotify product causing me issues and the Apple products (Podcast, Apple Music) that are working perfectly. Note, I have also tried to download both Podcasts, individual music tracks and music playlists. Have also tried the suggestion to "play" whatever it is you are trying to download to it (apparently it sometimes gets it 'unstuck') but none of those things have worked.

I would welcome some assistance with this as I would love to be able to continue to use my Spotify subscription to its best use with my new Apple Watch.

Cheers,
Mike.

Details:

* Spotify Premium

* Apple Watch 7 Cellular (but not activated cellular, only Bluetooth and Wifi)

* Apple iPhone 12 Pro (5G/Wifi)

10 Replies

Same issue, not ‘stuck on 1st song’, just not even loading the download page to begin with. Was working ok previously, but the. Got a new iPhone 12, and I have this problem. Have re-paired phone, wiped watch, hard reset on phone and watch and still no luck. Everything else working fine, so this is a Spotify issue.

Hi folks,

Thank you for posting on the Community!

Great troubleshooting so far! There are other things we can try here. 

Something you can try is to create an internet hotspot with your iPhone and connect your Watch to it. Then, activate your mobile data and try to start downloading music from the Watch. 

Let us know how this goes. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Tried the hotspot but no luck. iPhone 12 Pro Max & watch series 7 here

Hi mate, thanks for helping out with this one.

I too have tried to create a Personal hotspot, disconnect bluetooth and connect only via the Personal hotspot to no avail. Tried rebooting, deleting the app, reinstalling the app - all to no avail.

Seems like a fairly widespread issue for some reason. Caught up with one of my friends on the weekend who has the Apple Watch 7 also, but has an iPhone 13 and his works for some reason. Would really appreciate an understanding on whether this issue is being looked at by Spotify - it is putting a bit of a dampener on my subscription and one of the major ways I use it as a service.

Cheers,

Mike.

Hey folks,

Thanks for the info.

It looks like other users are experiencing this here. You can add your +Vote and Subscribe to the thread so you can stay up-to-date with any news about this.

We went ahead and passed your info on to the right team.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Ver, 

just to be clear tho, the issues are slightly different. As some people can see a song show up on downloads and it gets stuck, but with issues like mine I never see a song in the download section just the words “Loading…” ultimately same issues as none of us can download offline music but it may matter to a degree on the subtle differences,  not sure. Thanks!

Yes - concur with this - there are two distinct issues here:

1) Songs/Podcasts showing up in downloads and getting stuck
2) Songs/Podcasts not starting at all and the downloads screen on the Watch simply showing “Loading…” and not moving from this screen no matter what you do.

The problem that I’m experiencing and the other poster too is item 2).

Would very much appreciate this being addressed.
Let me know if I can be of assistance in providing more info or performing other tests.

Cheers
Mike.

Hey @inkedgiant and @MikeyJeff,

Thanks for your posts.

Don't worry, to clarify, the issue we're investigating is the app in the watch being stuck, either after downloading the first song, or just by starting downloading anything at all, so make sure to add your +Vote and info requested to the Ongoing Issue thread that @Ver linked above so we can forward it on to the team working on this.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I finally found the solution, maybe it works for anyone. I uninstalled Spotify on both devices (iPhone and Watch) then reinstall it only on iPhone (iPhone automatically installed the Watch app through the process). After that I accessed some playlist and clicked on 'download to Watch', so I checked my Watch app and it worked!

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this founded it through your Apple Watch, here are two ways to make your iPhone flash, depending on the model you have:-

Apple Watch Series 9 or Apple Watch Ultra 2:-

1. Open the Find iPhone app on your Apple Watch.
2. Tap and hold the screen on the map showing your iPhone's location.
3. Your iPhone will flash and play a sound while the Watch remains pressed.
Older Apple Watch models (7 and below):-

1. Open the Find iPhone app on your Apple Watch.
2. Swipe up on the screen to access additional options.
3. Tap Play Sound.
4. This will not directly make your iPhone flash, but the accompanying sound might help you locate it in the dark.

More details instruction below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2J0Gmhwu-8&ab_channel=TheGeekPage

Suggested posts