My Question or Issue
I’ve had this app for maybe 2 years now and I have never been able to rearrange my songs in a playlist. When I look up a solution it says to click the three dots on the top right, hit edit, then drag with the three dots next to the song. I do not see it next to any songs on my playlist. I really want to move my songs.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Yes, the interface for doing this has slightly changed (again).
Here's how I am able to do this in iOS 15.1, with the Spotify app Version 18.104.22.1681
1. Open your playlist that you want to re-organize the song order (this only works with playlists that you created).
2. Drag down the "Playlist" window so the search box (“Find in playlist”) appears at the top.
3. To the right of the search box touch the “Sort” box, and a "Sort by" window opens. Select "Custom order".
4. The "Sort by" window closes and returns you to the "Playlist" window.
5. Further down in the "Playlist" window touch the 3 dots (just above the "Add Songs" button) and then select "Edit".
6. The "Edit Playlist" window opens that lists the songs in your playlist. Touch and hold the 3 bars that now appears to the right of the song you wish to move within the playlist (if 3 bars do not appear then you did not select "Custom order").
7. Drag the song to the new location and release it. The song should stay at that location.
8. Touch "Save" in the upper right, the "Edit" closes, and you are returned to the Playlist window. Your playlist should now have the song order that you just changed.
9. That's it!
I rechecked these steps for Spotify iOS app version 22.214.171.1248. While there have been a few minor changes with the interface I am still able to use the “custom order” sorting filter for reorganizing songs in my own playlists (this does not work for playlists created by another user).
1. Open your playlist that you want to re-organize the song order.
2. Drag down the playlist window so the search box (“Find in playlist”) appears at the top.
3. To the right of the search box touch “Filters”.
4. Select "Custom order", which returns you to the playlist window.
5. Touch the 3 dots (upper right of the screen) and select "Edit".
6. Touch and hold the 3 bars that now appears to the right of the song you wish to move within the playlist.
7. Drag the song to the new location and release it.
8. Touch "done" in the upper right. That's it!